Diana Diana 75 HV

I felt compelled to drag mine out for some range time. All the pretty pictures fired me up!
20240312_120552.jpg

20240312_120434.jpg

Yes, it is left handed.

I just recently put the HV risers back on and spaced the cheek piece back up. It is a winner. Previously I preferred it with a much lower sight line, but times and physiology change.....

one correction the Diana model TO1 S is like a 75HV with an adjustable cheek rest, i own one
and the B model is like the Universal model without the port holes
So this one is a B model? I just thought of it as a T01; but sounds like there was more than one T01.

RWS 75 (2).jpg

well that is not a B model per say
with the ability to trade out stocks on all the models it appears you have a mix and match rifle
the letter marking was what the stock was and the B model is the plain Beech stock
but you have a B marked rifle with a U model stock on it
so you have an older stock on a newer action

the rabbit hole is deep
dfa0be5eaf42d30d55f392a92e767bfc.jpg
DIANA 75++++++++++++++.jpg

well that is not a B model per say
with the ability to trade out stocks on all the models it appears you have a mix and match rifle
the letter marking was what the stock was and the B model is the plain Beech stock
but you have a B marked rifle with a U model stock on it
so you have an older stock on a newer action

the rabbit hole is deep
Thanks. I don't see a B marked on it anywhere, but it is dated 04 86. Do you know the dates of those brochures?

Reactions: Bandito
So this one is a B model? I just thought of it as a T01; but sounds like there was more than one T01.

View attachment 445041
That walnut beauty looks like a 75U ("Universal") to me. I used to have one, came with a ton of accessories - barrel weights, sight risers, palm plate, sight inserts, very cool gun.

The "T01" refers to the action, and a group of mods made to the initial model 75, mostly to the sights, after a couple years of production. The suffix letters denote stock types and accessories (I can't remember whether these letters also appeared on the action, but AFAIK there were no actual internal differences).

The 75B was a beech-stock model that came late in production, after walnut stocks had been discontinued; as you can see in marflow's catalog cuts, it is a simplifed rendition of the original gun's stock shape. The 75S did the very same thing for the previous 75U.

As marlfow noted, the one action that differed was the rare 75K Running Boar - same basic stock as the U; with wood buttplate, no iron sights, a scope rail that ran full-length from loading port to rear end cap, raised cocking lever end, and a single-stage trigger.

Another variation was that the 75 was made in a true left-handed action - cocking lever on the left, and all other relevant details switched over.

Last edited:
This is the oldest RWS catalog I have. This page with match rifles stayed the same through catalog no. 8.

IMG_4721.jpeg

This is the first catalog I have where the beech 75B and S take over from the walnut 75 Match, HV, S, and U (and the first with the model 100 SSP, now a sought-after collectible in its own right). Gotta say I like the look of the 75S!

IMG_4722.jpeg

Last edited:
the ability to swap stocks makes the rifle a chameleon in some regards
the S model had 3mm washers to raise the cheek rest and i had none when i gone my S
so, i had some spacer made out of Delrin in 5 millimeter sizes instead of stacking washers that in mind was just lazy

you can see that the nonadjustable beech stock was called just a model 75 TO1 and at some point it was call the model 75B TO1

thumbnail_IMG_4094.jpg

What an exquisite airgun.
Is the adjustable aperture feature still present on your front sight?
I think the coarse knurled rear ring on the tunnel is the adjustment for this?
Marflow shows some of the parts for this on his post of March 7; how does it work, maybe compresses an o ring?
You are correct.
The large knurled ring on the sight screws in and out to adjust the size of the aperture, and that is accomplished by compressing a captive o ring in the front sight assembly.

The front sight parts in question.
They are laid out in the sequence that they came out of the front sight insert.
20240325_082853.jpg

The front sight insert for the adjustable aperture is removable and you can then use the spring loaded spacer to facilitate the use of conventional stamped metal aperture inserts.
20240325_083223.jpg

20240325_082923.jpg

20240325_083023.jpg

This assembly is what is compressed by the large knurled front ring to change aperture size.

Not a problem, happy to help.

The Diana adjustable aperture front sight assembly is only slightly fiddly when you are initially setting it up. The hex sections on the separate pieces need to be lined up and inserted before the front clamping ring is screwed into the sight.
The Diana front sight tool supplied with the rifle does this very well, the red plastic cylinder with hex drivers molded in is the tool to use.

You will find that the o ring used will dictate the aperture size changes through its range of adjustment. A thicker cross section O ring will compress more, causing a smaller front aperture VS a thinner cross section ring etc.

I used a standard O ring from a metric assortment pack and it works a treat. I usually use a 3.6 to 3.8 front aperture, depending on light, and have no issues with aperture size. Adjust your O ring cross section to achieve the amount of compression that you desire to achieve your desired aperture opening.

Cool! I was trying to figure out Marflow's picture, especially the orange wrench; I have an early D75 (non TO1) but somebody removed the original parts and just put a boring old metal aperture in place.
Pretty common from what I have seen. Someone either did not understand how to use it, the O ring went dry and crumbly and was not changed out, or they simply like the metal apertures better.....
I actually prefer the metal inserts over this Diana set up, but I have used it before and it works just fine. The only caveat to using it is, it completely occluded the target frame and it is hard to read cant because you have no horizontal reference point in your field of view, just a circle VS the horizontal bar of the metal insert.