Diana Diana 75 HV

After JEFFPPC gave me the report on his Diana 75, I decided to begin my search for one. I lucked out and CT Airguns had just picked one up! It needs seals, but for a 40+ year old rifle it is in great shape.

Thank you JEFFPPC for the tip on the D75, and CT Airguns for having one available.

I’m looking forward to getting this old classic back on the range.

Steve

IMG_4838.jpeg
img_4839-jpeg.443488

IMG_4842.jpeg

IMG_4850.jpeg
IMG_4855.jpeg

IMG_4857.jpeg

IMG_4858.png

IMG_4860.png

IMG_4839.jpeg

After JEFFPPC gave me the report on his Diana 75, I decided to begin my search for one. I lucked out and CT Airguns had just picked one up! It needs seals, but for a 40+ year old rifle it is in great shape.

Thank you JEFFPPC for the tip on the D75, and CT Airguns for having one available.

Steve

View attachment 443487
img_4839-jpeg.443488

View attachment 443492
View attachment 443493View attachment 443494
View attachment 443495
View attachment 443496
View attachment 443497

View attachment 443488
Impeccable finish from what I see. They are super accurate, best trigger I've felt on an air rifle. Nice!🔥👍🏻

the interesting part of this is how this rifle go to the states and i have never seen one engraved with a name which from what i found could have or is a business
the engraving is professionally done
this been the early version it would be nice to find the sight insert that where made for these
of course you well have to rebuild it or have it done if the seal are like you say shot
if you are not aware Waffencenter Gotha has the greatest number of parts and you can buy or at least see what is still available
now i know a little about these i own 3 and have been looking for stuff from the start
you can always ask me a question i might have the answer and i might not

by the way the red cylinder is a wrench

11-26-10-01-RWS-Diana-75-accessories.jpg

Reactions: Nitrocrushr

Steve

View attachment 443487
img_4839-jpeg.443488

View attachment 443492
View attachment 443493View attachment 443494
View attachment 443495
View attachment 443496
View attachment 443497

View attachment 443488

Congratulations! Wow, what a beauty!

Reactions: Nitrocrushr
the interesting part of this is how this rifle go to the states and i have never seen one engraved with a name which from what i found could have or is a business
the engraving is professionally done
this been the early version it would be nice to find the sight insert that where made for these
of course you well have to rebuild it or have it done if the seal are like you say shot
if you are not aware Waffencenter Gotha has the greatest number of parts and you can buy or at least see what is still available
now i know a little about these i own 3 and have been looking for stuff from the start
you can always ask me a question i might have the answer and i might not

by the way the red cylinder is a wrench
Marflow 777,

Interesting observation on the engraving. Being that this is my first Diana 75, I thought they all had that engraving. I agree, searching seems to indicate that this particular rifle came from a shop in Germany.

Although these are the original sights, I believe the rifle was primarily scoped as it had a custom machined aluminum, carbon wrapped muzzle piece.

The open sights came with the rifle, but were not installed. CT Airguns removed the custom machined muzzle piece and installed the included factory sights before shipping.

Thanks for the tips on where to get parts. I checked Waffencenter Gotha, but they did not have the thumb wheel for the rear sight. I ended up getting one from JG Airguns. I will still need what appears to be a threaded stud that fits into the center of that thumbwheel. I'm sure that will be difficult to find.

Steve

THE SQUARE THREADED FOOT OH I KNOW TO WELL
last year i was determined to make the part because i have never seen one for sale and thought this can't be hard
well it was
i bought taps and dies and then left hand taps and dies and material to mock some up and in the end throw in the towel
making threads on a square post was not going to happen without a lathe someone that knew there sh-t and a mill to size everything

did i mention i have never seen one for sale ever

now finding a Left Hand model
i would think they sold these at 10 to 1 right to left and see that the rights are hard to find the lefts, well you get my point oh i seen hem over the last 15 years maybe 2 or 3

to find the foot you need to find another sight a steal one and then you have a complete sight and a parts sight but you ask
EGUN in Germany and that is another adventure but sights are cheap
and no you can't get the guns, you can drool only, but the other stuff if the seller will ship you can get steal off there, spent much time buying diopter from the sight and grips and a brand new model 75S TO1 in factory paper stock
https://www.egun.de/market/list_items.php?mode=qry&plusdescr=off&wheremode=and&query=diana+&quick=1

so anyone that would like to try the making of the foot i would be happy to let you try, it is a stupid little part the make the sight worthless the wheel could be made
the wheel and foot are all the same on the model 60 diopter and the model 75 diopter which is used on the HV early model and the model 75m TO1 diopter which looks the same but it is not
the model 75 and model 75 TO1 will not interchange
the model 75 diopter will fit the 60 series rifles
the TO1's came out the upgrades were the model 100 diopter and clamp on style and was used on the model 100 rifle and than there was the rairest diopter the model 82 which was made by Elite
both the 100 and 82 are 20 click diopter whereas the others are 10 click diopters

are we confused yet you have entered the Diana model 75 rabbit hole, there is one way in but no exit

one other thing is i did figure out the threads on the foot are 10mm x.75 but i never could figure out if they are right hand or left hand thread or at least that is what i bought in taps and dies

Last edited:
THE SQUARE THREADED FOOT OH I KNOW TO WELL
last year i was determined to make the part because i have never seen one for sale and thought this can't be hard
well it was
i bought taps and dies and then left hand taps and dies and material to mock some up and in the end throw in the towel
making threads on a square post was not going to happen without a lathe someone that knew there sh-t and a mill to size everything

did i mention i have never seen one for sale ever

now finding a Left Hand model
i would think they sold these at 10 to 1 right to left and see that the rights are hard to find the lefts, well you get my point oh i seen hem over the last 15 years maybe 2 or 3

to find the foot you need to find another sight a steal one and then you have a complete sight and a parts sight but you ask
EGUN in Germany and that is another adventure but sights are cheap
and no you can't get the guns, you can drool only, but the other stuff if the seller will ship you can get steal off there, spent much time buying diopter from the sight and grips and a brand new model 75S TO1 in factory paper stock
https://www.egun.de/market/list_items.php?mode=qry&plusdescr=off&wheremode=and&query=diana+&quick=1

so anyone that would like to try the making of the foot i would be happy to let you try, it is a stupid little part the make the sight worthless the wheel could be made
the wheel and foot are all the same on the model 60 diopter and the model 75 diopter which is used on the HV early model and the model 75m TO1 diopter which looks the same but it is not
the model 75 and model 75 TO1 will not interchange
the model 75 diopter will fit the 60 series rifles
the TO1's came out the upgrades were the model 100 diopter and clamp on style and was used on the model 100 rifle and than there was the rairest diopter the model 82 which was made by Elite
both the 100 and 82 are 20 click diopter whereas the others are 10 click diopters

are we confused yet you have entered the Diana model 75 rabbit hole, there is one way in but no exit

one other thing is i did figure out the threads on the foot are 10mm x.75 but i never could figure out if they are right hand or left hand thread or at least that is what i bought in taps and dies
Do you have the dimensions of the square top threaded stud? Even some pictures of one of yours might help. Not having this part I have no clue what it looks like.
I assume a square top to fit into the opening, then a threaded center and a serrated foot at the bade to match the top of the rail…..am I close?

Steve