Diana 54

Well that 54 seems a just a smidgen underpowered. You crack it open yet?
No i haven't touched it . only looked for someone that works on them , "The Best guy " is quoted @ $600 and up to $1200, i can buy a new 54 for $689 ? i think that's right . maybe ill try myself , nothing to lose at this point .

No i haven't touched it . only looked for someone that works on them , "The Best guy " is quoted @ $600 and up to $1200, i can buy a new 54 for $689 ? i think that's right . maybe ill try myself , nothing to lose at this point .
Well dang. Im in the wrong buisness it seems. Its pretty straightforward if you're good with your hands and there isn't a ton of preload on the main spring suprisingly. I did mine without a compressor, you just have to be careful. The two trigger pins only punch out one way so make sure you're hitting them the right way. If memory serves they go from left to right and out the cocking arm side. You should probably verify that though.

Reactions: beerthief
Yes, check the breech seal. When the action is closed the compression chamber bears on the seal and it can take a set and get compressed over time. Some people leave the action sprung open on purpose from this reason. I haven't used mine in a long time so I can't say for sure if this works.
this is a 1989 ? i think i remember , 54 but it looked to be not used much or it was cared for very well . I will try the breach seal , very easy and no take down . probably needs one any way.

There are a couple vids out on a strip down of that gun. Go for it! I've not been inside a springer in several years, but I still recall first opening one up... really not that scary and if you're even a little mechanically inclined, you'll be just fine in doing a simple seal/spring replacement or lube tune.