• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Diana 52 ... new to me ... tuning kit questions ... LOVE this gun

I love the build quality and simplicity but I think I can see it's accuracy better with a little less 'ka chunk'.

Looks like Vortek or TinBum is a good option.

1) TinBum (full power) $63...
https://www.airrifletuning.com/store/diana-rws-48-52-54-maxi-tuning-kit/

2) Vortek (full power) $90 ...
http://vortekproducts.com/ourstore/PG3-TUNE_KITS?product_id=386

3) Vortec (12 ft lb) $90...
http://vortekproducts.com/ourstore/PG3-TUNE_KITS?product_id=387

4) Vortek (full power) Canada source Air Gun Source $118 ...
https://www.airgunsource.ca/us/vortek-pg3-steel-tune-kit-diana-48-52-460.html

Cannot tell the difference between the Canada product and Vortek website product. TinBum is looking good.

If you are looking for full power tune, don't sleep on this one. The late White Fang tuned my 48 .177 with this kit and it work like a charm. Good luck on your search.
Screenshot_20210402-083748.1617367350.png

Hi. I read your posts!!!

Yesterday my Diana 52 shot JSB / FX 15.9grain at 734fps and I reckon that's fine? The gun is said to be quite accurate, and I totally believe that (very cool and trusted guy I bought from), but I am not that great of a springer shooter. Did Ok yesterday with grouping and getting comfortable but I am sure some of the 'ka chunk' can go away.

The gun is is in perfect working order but the shooter needs help.

Shambozzie,

Thank You. I emailed Mr. Macarri and he responded within 20 mnutes or less, I ordered the kit.

Now I will make a spring compressor following the Air Venturi Rail Lock Spring Compressor design closely. Lots of aluminum stock to work with.

IF I don't like it I may use the 12ft lb kit later, just having fun and not as expensive as a boating hobby!

Last I checked it chronied 10fps+ above these numbers which are of my 54. 

Real world Chrony numbers single shots after I shot a few through the gun to get it ready. Looks like a very consistent 20+fpe gun. Not too pellet fussy either.

JSB Express 14.3gr 809fps

Crosman 14.3gr 806fps

JSB Hades 15.89gr 767fps

JSB Jumbo 15.89gr 766

JSB Predator 16.0gr 750

JSB Monster 25.39gr 545fps

It sat for some years and I did not shoot it after. 

I had you shoot it cuz of the rather harsh recoil and wanted to make sure you were OK with it. The Kit should make it better, from what I have read, let me know how much better as I have been contemplating doing my 54.

Just read in another post;

" The Crosman Premier pellets shoot quite accurately at 770fps from my son's RWS M48 Diana rifle in .22 "

Real world Chrony numbers single shots after I shot a few through the gun to get it ready. Looks like a very consistent 20+fpe gun. Not too pellet fussy either.

Crosman 14.3gr 806fps

JSB Hades 15.89gr 767fps

JSB Jumbo 15.89gr 766

JSB Predator 16.0gr 750

I had you shoot it cuz of the rather harsh recoil and wanted to make sure you were OK with it. The Kit should make it better, from what I have read, let me know how much better as I have been contemplating doing my 54.

" The Crosman Premier pellets shoot quite accurately at 770fps from my son's RWS M48 Diana rifle in .22 "

Howdy. I fully knew, thanks to your letting me shoot it to be sure I wanted IT, what I was getting into. The gun is awesome and I REALLY LIKE IT.

This is FUN stuff and a big departure / adventure from the Taipan and BSA R10 fiddling. I can always return it to factory stock as it does shoot VERY accurately. This is just an experiment to see what can happen with a tune kit that other forum folks have been talking about and I can see a big difference. I MAY tune it later with a 12fpe kit just for backyard fun.

Thanks for the awesome gun!

Crosman 14.3gr 806fps

JSB Hades 15.89gr 767fps

JSB Jumbo 15.89gr 766

JSB Predator 16.0gr 750

Howdy. I fully knew, thanks to your letting me shoot it to be sure I wanted IT, what I was getting into. The gun is awesome and I REALLY LIKE IT.

This is FUN stuff and a big departure / adventure from the Taipan and BSA R10 fiddling. I can always return it to factory stock as it does shoot VERY accurately. This is just an experiment to see what can happen with a tune kit that other forum folks have been talking about and I can see a big difference. I MAY tune it later with a 12fpe kit just for backyard fun.

It will be easier to be accurate with a Maccari kit installed. I have found Vortek piston seals to be the best, but I use both Maccari and Vortek kits in all my springers depending on which gun it is and what I am looking for. SD will also get much better with a tune kit over stock. 

Crosman 14.3gr 806fps

JSB Hades 15.89gr 767fps

JSB Jumbo 15.89gr 766

JSB Predator 16.0gr 750

It will be easier to be accurate with a Maccari kit installed. I have found Vortek piston seals to be the best, but I use both Maccari and Vortek kits in all my springers depending on which gun it is and what I am looking for. SD will also get much better with a tune kit over stock.

Ok Kewl. I took HER apart and that was pretty straightforward. Kit comes maybe Monday. I will report.

I put a tinbum kit in my 48. Works fine, but took some fiddling, cutting and sanding to get it to fit. In the future, I will probably stick with the Vortek and Maccari kits. The Vortek PG3 kits with the rear spring sleeve are the best at de-twanging, in my opinion.

That's good news since I bought the Macarri. Twang and Klunk removal, we'll see in a day or so when I get the kit.

The TinBum was price attractive but now I see the difference and it's big. I am VERY CURIOUS about the 12ft lb kit as well. Kind of a GIANT R7 on steroids