Diana 52 .22 VS. varmints .

1536746775_13898346695b98e51744db77.03843531_20180822_195549.jpg

Hi, Hicomp

Nice shooting.

I have a .177 and a .22 Diana 52's and I think they are a great platform and very accurate, they are a bit underappreciated, I think because they are not finished as nice as the Weihrauch air rifles are.

I do have both of mine Vortek tuned and I think it's worth the investment. 

I am currently looking for a .20 Cal and a .25 Cal Diana 52 to complete my collection

My neighbors have a newborn baby so I bought the Diana to keep the peace, as my Remington 700 BDL .270 has a bit too much crack to it! This Diana is my first sidelever and thus far, I'm loving it! 

Hicomp ... Thank you for the morning chuckle!!! Happy (peaceful shooting) with the Diana!!!

I really like the look of the side lever Diana’s and hear they are very accurate. My one question is are they quiet as far as the spring and mechanics. I have a Hatsan I won’t shoot because it has so much spring twang (for lack of a better term) that comes through the stock it’ll give me a head ache for a couple of days after.

I really like the look of the side lever Diana’s and hear they are very accurate. My one question is are they quiet as far as the spring and mechanics. I have a Hatsan I won’t shoot because it has so much spring twang (for lack of a better term) that comes through the stock it’ll give me a head ache for a couple of days after.

A person will either like them or hate the side lever. It is awkward, and heavy, but VERY well made. There are only about three spring guns I know of that don't really need tuning, out of the box. M 54 came extensively tuned. So I only know how it shoots. Smooth and quiet. No twang. Extremely accurate with FTS pellets.

Yes, these squirrels are fat. The population is high this year, due to an abundance of acorns in recent years. Now they are destroying bird feeders. My Diana 52 is quiet compared to my Benjamin 392, and much quieter than the Diana 350 Magnum I briefly had (the 350 sounded like a .22 LR cartridge gun). I love this 52. German engineering at its finest. Heavy, yes. But it helps me steady it offhand, and I ALWAYS use a rest if possible.