Diana Diana 48 - Journey so far

Hi all,

This is my Diana 48 that I bought last fall. I’ve shot a few thousand pellets through it at this point. It’s certainly a quality piece, even if I’m not as accurate as others in this forum.

IMG_2451.jpeg

That said, I like to tinker… First thing I did was fit a Williams target peep sight. Had to make a small cut in the stock, but the sight picture was so worth it! Still needs some stain though.

IMG_2593.jpeg

Next, I noticed some pellets had fallen from the breech and damaged the breech seal. The gun was blowing gas and pellets all over the place. So I sat on my hands for a few months while a set of vortex seals and a Tinbum maxi kit came in.

IMG_2625.jpeg

Once I got those put in it, the shot cycled turned from sprrrrrrroiiiiiinnnngggggg to a nice sharp crack. That combined with some JSB Exact Heavies and Monsters, I’m feeling hopeful for the future with this fräuline.

Can’t wait for the Finnish cold to finally depart so I can train in comfort, and earnest once again.

Thanks for reading!

PS if anyone would be interested in purchasing brass barrel trunions and front sight bases, let me know! I am thinking about designing some for a CNC company to make.

Last edited:
Thanks! I feel like I’ve put a lot of work into this rifle. And it’s changed so much since I got it.

Maybe the next time you see it, all those plastic bits will be nice polished brass instead
Nice rifle. I have a few suggestions and these are my personal preferences, so please disregard if
it's not applicable. You modify your rifle to suit your taste.

First, on the cut out I would break those sharp corners, either chamfer or radius before staining.

Second, I think blued steel or blacked aluminum would look better than brass for the replacement of the plastic pieces.

I've never liked brass on air rifles for anything. I know some people do and that's fine. To my eyes it doesn't look right, but that's my opinion, and you know what they say about that.lol.
Either way it's a nice german rifle and a hammer shooting those heavies, so have fun and enjoy.✌🏻

Nice rifle. I have a few suggestions and these are my personal preferences, so please disregard if
it's not applicable. You modify your rifle to suit your taste.

First, on the cut out I would break those sharp corners, either chamfer or radius before staining.

Second, I think blued steel or blacked aluminum would look better than brass for the replacement of the plastic pieces.

I've never liked brass on air rifles for anything. I know some people do and that's fine. To my eyes it doesn't look right, but that's my opinion, and you know what they say about that.lol.
Either way it's a nice german rifle and a hammer shooting those heavies, so have fun and enjoy.✌🏻
I like the idea of rounding those edges. When I get home I’ll give it the good old college try. Worst case scenario, I end up buying a figured walnut stock to replace this factory beech log.

Now about the brass bits, I can’t claim to be original. I saw this and fell in love. Of course on this example, the steel is white and so is the front sight base.

IMG_3964.png

But I do have this Crosman… and making them into a set sounds very appealing.

IMG_3943.jpeg

Blacked anodized aluminum is an interesting option though. I will certainly consider it.

Reactions: bustachip
“Worst case scenario, I end up buying a figured walnut stock to replace this factory beech log.”

Where are you going to source this stock from? Diana’s are wonderful guns but the stock are just blah.
This is what a quick search turned up