• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Diana Diana 48 | BB size? (inside of rear sight)

Same size ball as the one beneath safety spring in the Crosman 13XX and 22XX rifles. Might be easier to order that from Crosman rather than finding actual Diana part. Also the same size as the ball diff balls in Team Associated 1/10 vehicles from the 1990’s to 2014 or later. If you happen to have any of those laying around they would probably work. I do LOL.

Reactions: Northwoods22
Same size ball as the one beneath safety spring in the Crosman 13XX and 22XX rifles. Might be easier to order that from Crosman rather than finding actual Diana part. Also the same size as the ball diff balls in Team Associated 1/10 vehicles from the 1990’s to 2014 or later. If you happen to have any of those laying around they would probably work. I do LOL.

Brownells and Tower Hobbies both have them.

I've got a few Team Associated R/C cars and buggies myself. I still race my original 80's RC10 buggy in the vintage class at the local track.

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
Brownells and Tower Hobbies both have them.

I've got a few Team Associated R/C cars and buggies myself. I still race my original 80's RC10 buggy in the vintage class at the local track.
Rc8 middle buggy 👍
rclineup.jpg

Oh, man. These airgun guys have no idea what a real rabbit hole is LOL. I have a bags of tires and each one would buy you a new HW 98 with plenty left over. These are the ones hanging above desk in my home office. SC44, Losi 8ight T, and the Tekno EB48 2.0 are race vehicles. Built the Tekno after watching SS 2022. Popped up on YouTube and there were some guys in the Masters class A I used to race with and I got the bug. Sorta. Still haven’t raced the dang thing but have done a couple track days with it and it is a bad fast car. Actually wanted to make a couple arena races this year but the buddy I was going to go with had to bail. Hateful, is that a NR in the RC8? That old Losi has a P-5 XL in it. Way BITD my engine sponsor was one of the two NR distributors in US and I got hooked on them. Shame they’re gone. That old Losi is still a blast to drive. Oh, and that’s the best handling T-max you’ll ever see. People often think it’s a Revo till they see it up close. Someday I’ll show you why.

Northwoods, jealous you have 1/10. Died here 20 years ago. All my gold tub stuff is gone, oldest I have now is a B2. T3 in the closet somewhere as well. Man, I loved my AE vehicles. All the way through my RC10GT2 and original B44. Once they became a wholly owned subsidiary of the Mighty Thunder Chicken I was done. Cars just weren’t the same. Do y’all race any gas truck? Still have my FT RC10GT with a side exhaust NR and a couple truck prototype parts Dave Crescenzi was nice enough to send me to test. They worked LOL. Won a lot of races with that truck :) Oh, the 3/32 AE balls should work great. Avidrc probably has them too. Just to keep this thread on track ha ha ha.

20230913_151906_resized.jpeg

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
so, they are not BB's they are called bearing balls and over time you should collect some just to have, okay it is just me
they cost about 5.5 cents so when you see 1 for a buck and a half feel abused and there has to be shipping
but you can go to Ebay and buy a bag of 100 for $5.55 and have a lifetime supply
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3027408449...a15xDnToTpxeStcXOwP/yOKQiK|tkp:Bk9SR4LAsonSYg

and seeing they are on a Diana they are more than like 2.2mm

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_sop=15&_dmd=1&rt=nc

so, they are not BB's they are called bearing balls and over time you should collect some just to have, okay it is just me
they cost about 5.5 cents so when you see 1 for a buck and a half feel abused and there has to be shipping
but you can go to Ebay and buy a bag of 100 for $5.55 and have a lifetime supply
https://www.ebay.com/itm/302740844957?hash=item467cc2b19d:g:kNsAAOSwvIleGKYn&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAA4Ku2UwBuUMQxLq5zpMfco02IxrIHhMFBpSOYoQWQ1QwtCeESLHalO9UVcT3jMHmPdiXXhcHazPQnvTCHKgVyoHEj7BVTAjY8bcPIOn/ZTg9USfj19cmf7j3TNCv4STuu9RaMfPLyIRia0igSfvfVFZm4rWGoYMX+ihfiA0km5auxXo0Qs1RQMIH9ZnTg5l60BzwDTnnIH4ne2wXDtpaCTmV4qoJ2SotS8mCih+XVezkjHO2nmroE81yVPSv+ImpqywTUZjsJ/cjR/rJ7zaa15xDnToTpxeStcXOwP/yOKQiK|tkp:Bk9SR4LAsonSYg

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_sop=15&_dmd=1&rt=nc
I installed 2.5mm balls, they work well, but it would be better if the balls were 2.8-3mm.

i have been chasing parts for a long time and i got in the habit of getting stuff i didn't need
you lose the stupid stuff like little springs and bearing balls and if you have them in a box when you do need them, well you go get one
2mm-2.5mm-3mm ball sizes take care of about everything and the total cost is small
tools and screws, Orings and stuff make this an easier hobby, instead of crawling on your hand and knees looking for that ball you lost, you just reach over and go to the box of stuff
i feel i am a bit different than most but extras can make it easier LOL

https://www.ebay.com/itm/302740844957?hash=item467cc2b19d:g:kNsAAOSwvIleGKYn&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAA4Ku2UwBuUMQxLq5zpMfco02IxrIHhMFBpSOYoQWQ1QwtCeESLHalO9UVcT3jMHmPdiXXhcHazPQnvTCHKgVyoHEj7BVTAjY8bcPIOn/ZTg9USfj19cmf7j3TNCv4STuu9RaMfPLyIRia0igSfvfVFZm4rWGoYMX+ihfiA0km5auxXo0Qs1RQMIH9ZnTg5l60BzwDTnnIH4ne2wXDtpaCTmV4qoJ2SotS8mCih+XVezkjHO2nmroE81yVPSv+ImpqywTUZjsJ/cjR/rJ7zaa15xDnToTpxeStcXOwP/yOKQiK|tkp:Bk9SR4LAsonSYg

In a gun application they are called detent balls and they are not 2.2mm. I actually pulled a ball from my D48 and measured it with dial calipers. They are exactly 0.093, fractional 3/32", or in metric 2.4mm. My info comes directly from the actual D48.

Screenshot 2023-09-14 at 6.45.00 AM.png

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies. I pulled a bearing ball out of an old air coupler style keychain I had lying around, it fit perfectly into my rear sight.

I realized that the front sight was probably adjusted too far forward (towards the barrel end) requiring the rear sight to be adjusted too high (vertically/counterclockwise on the elevation screw)
61XOVolBh8L._AC_UX679_.jpg