diana 430l

.177 version. Typical Diana quality-very nice wood and all metal parts have nice uniform bluing. Smooth shot cycle and quite accurate to 20 yards for the limited shooting I've done. TO6 triggers are very good. Cocking effort is possibly a bit high for the energy level but isn't particularly difficult to me-I am relative large and strong but I'm also over 60 so consider. Others have noted the same while some say it is too hard to cock. All relative. Weight is noticeable but not too bad and seems typical for the brand. I certainly didn't need another gun in that power range but the quality for the price was too good to pass up. Would buy another without hesitation and glad I got this one.

I have to say I love this gun. That said, I'm no expert and haven't had many to compare to it. I did purchase a Walther Terrus, but I could never get consistent groups out of it. Once in a rare while I'd get a reasonable 5 shot group, but it was rare and fleeting. The overall fit and finish and feel of that gun was nice, but the lack of accuracy killed it (must have been a lemon because others have said it can be accurate). I began to think it was just me, but I pulled out my old inexpensive Gamo and it shot better groups. The 430L is in another league completely though. This gun has been accurate right from the start. Mine does suffer from a lot of barrel droop, so I shimmed my scope with a couple of tin can shims, and it still took all the scope elevation up. I finally bought an adjustable mount which has worked, but I don't have enough rounds to know if it will hold zero yet. The T06 trigger as delivered was set as a hair trigger, which I did not like. I really wanted a nice long 1st stage pull for safety, followed by a well-defined second stage. My first try at adjusting the screws ended in failure. I ended up with a long creepy single stage pull. I read up some more on the T06 and took another crack at it. I finally found settings that are perfect for me, nice smooth 1st stage pull to a well-defined 2nd stage wall, then, a little more pressure and it breaks clean with no creep. My final settings on the T06 were 1st stage screw 0.5 turn ccw from full in, 2nd stage screw 1.5 ccw from full in, and the trigger weight screw 4 turns in to make it heavier. I may eventually lighten the trigger weight screw some, but the factory settings just seemed too light especially when it was set to go only with the 1st stage. All in all I am super glad I bought it and I feel very lucky to have picked up such a fine air rifle. I do think I may have damaged the breech seal on it though. I didn't realize that the JSB 4.52's were so loose and I had a couple drop out and I suspect one may have fallen out enough to damage the seal.