Diana 430L

I admittedly am jealous although I am looking for all older TO1 era guns. 
If they’ve got a plastic, not metal front sight system and or any plastic where metal use to be, I’ll take old over new any given day.

No matter what though at $150 for any caliber 430L I’d have grabbed it. Enjoy it and if you’re not happy, remember there’s always John Thomas, Hector Medina, or self reliant tuning. You could always PM me! But remember you told us what you paid! Lol. Like I said, I found a returned Marauder Gen 2 .22. It was “missing a bolt in the back.” Lol!!!! $125.00!! I’ll never sell it. It’s a great shooter and so cheap makes me love it so much more. 

I found a nice Diana 430 Stutzen earlier this year, no big deal to cock IMO

1573908152_7811872395dcfeeb86a1405.05272854_104 Diana 430 Stutzen.JPG

Geez I guess I just purchased my second air rifle, too! I hope my fingers can insert a 177 pell into that little breech opening. i don’t care about the cocking effort as I am used to cocking my R1 with the Theoben unit for 16 years now; it’s kinda beastie!

is there a quality plus economical scope that would be at home on Diana?

PM sent!

For all of us that have a bit of trouble with loading pellets, here is a small trick i found on the Youtube, take a pen, remove the inner things, take something sharp and cut a v-shape on both sides in the front of the pen, now you can use the pen to pick up a pellet in the midle of the waist from the tin, put in the front in the breech, remove the pen and push the pellet in with a finger, takes a couple of tries but when you got the hang of it it works great! I have only tried with 177, but you can make some different sizes for other calibers

I love my 430L in .177. It is a bear to cock, but I've shot it for some longer sessions with no problem. Some friends with arthritis can't cock it, but most people do fine. My scope doesn't cover the port and I find it very easy to load the pellets. Mine must have come with a bit too much lube. After a through barrel cleaning it has still detonated a few times. But, all in all it is a joy to shoot! Mine really likes H&N Sniper mediums. I haven't tried it past 50 yards, but it is very accurate in that distance.

I bought one with that AOA deal when it came with a scope. Fit, finish, stock, all nice. I dumped mine very quickly. Why? ENORMOUS cocking effort for a 12 ft/lb rifle. I'm 6'6", 325lbs. I immediately realized this wasn't an all day plinker for me, sold it for a big loss with maybe a tin of pellets thru it. You got to WANT to shoot this rifle, 'cause it has more cocking effort that my +20 ft/lb D52. Did I mention the enormous cocking effort? I have the NIB scope for sale in classifieds.