Diana 430L Review - A Refined German Springer

My buddy bought one at a ridiculous sale price and ive been able to shoot it alongside my hw50s. I have to say it feels nice, solid, twangs less than the hw50 but I can't get on with the trigger at all. Has no feel to it and I never know when it's going to break, it feels too light with not enough first stage take up. Couldn't get it to work for me at all

My buddy bought one at a ridiculous sale price and ive been able to shoot it alongside my hw50s. I have to say it feels nice, solid, twangs less than the hw50 but I can't get on with the trigger at all. Has no feel to it and I never know when it's going to break, it feels too light with not enough first stage take up. Couldn't get it to work for me at all

The trigger is a little too light, I agree. Other then that, for me the trigger was pretty predictable and had a fairly long first stage take up (for me). That last bit is probably due to the fact that I used a Nova Vista Liberty for a long time and we know how much first stage take up that had 😉

AK

It's odd to hear someone criticize a gun's trigger as to light. Usually most complain about triggers are to heavy. I guess manufacturers will never win

IMPORTANT! Dab brightly colored nail polish to make your start points first on both adjustment screws. Try backing out the SECOND STAGE trigger adjustment screw FIRST then fine tune the first stage trigger adjustment to your preference then fine tune that second stage adjustment. Your BRIGHT COLORED NAIL POLISH is your GO BACK DEFAULT SETTING.

Your review motivated me to play with my 430L. I do enjoy shooting it.

1593969306_5611327735f020a9a270b16.73575509.jpg

Same here-but I didn't shoot today. I like the 430L a lot and I'm glad I got one when available. I didn't need a rifle in that performance range but it seemed too good to pass up at the time. Is it a little hard to cock for the power level as others have noted? Probably. Is it enough to matter? Not to me but I'm a pretty stout guy. And the trigger is good in stock form and has been excellent after a bit of work, in my view. To me, it is a very nice rifle and a pleasure to shoot.

I really like that 430L. I wish I had bought one when they were available. I've been looking for a nice trim under lever gun with a standard sporter stock. The bigger 460 magnum version is to big. I was also looking at the HW77 and HW97 but they have those big heavy target stocks. I even saw the HW57 which looked really nice but I don't like that pop up breech. I hope the 430L becomes available again.

I really like that 430L. I wish I had bought one when they were available. I've been looking for a nice trim under lever gun with a standard sporter stock. The bigger 460 magnum version is to big. I was also looking at the HW77 and HW97 but they have those big heavy target stocks. I even saw the HW57 which looked really nice but I don't like that pop up breech. I hope the 430L becomes available again.

I have a 460 along with the 430. Side by side, the size difference is not that great. If you like the 430 then you would probably like a 460 but the 460 is quite a bit more powerful and thus not quite as easy to shoot. The 430 is just smooth.