Diana 36 vs Diana 34

....to answer the main thread questions ( and this is just my opinion thru hands on experience ) - i would say the model 36 is a better gun than the 34..... it was just a whole different build quality when they made the models 36 and 38... when you get these two - you KNOW it's all german and solid....not as much plastic , more sold of a stock , t-01 trigger..... if you had them side by side - you'd subtle differences , like how they rounded the muzzle off at the end like a .22 long rifle , and the metal hooded sights that came with different inserts , and the wood then was more solid... -- now , the t-06 is a better trigger , and when and if you decide to switch over to a t-06 in a t-01 trigger gun , you'll have to use the the piston from the t-06 gun as well.....they latch in differently , and even then it seemed too much a pain in the as for me , so i left the t-01 in my diana 36...... i came into this in 1985 with a .177 (rws) diana model 36 from cabela's for $129 shipped - cabela's was probably someone's garage back then like bass-pro was........sacked groceries all summer long to get that one........ it takes a longer time to breakin or run in diana piston guns....1000-2000 rounds.... no one told me that... it was also during the new advent of synthetic piston seals....they were mostly leather up until this point... but when that model 36 finally broke in , MAN , smokin sparrows right and left , reaching out for jack rabbits at 50 yards in the eye.... breaking beer bottle floating away at 70+ yds.... and the way it made that ricochet sound off the gravel roads - like a .22 long rifle...... i was hooked right then... beeman silver jets .... back in the day , back in the day........ - paul.

I guess you really can't beat the production quality of older rifles. Do you still have that 36 in your collection? That sounds like it was one hell of a rifle and you definitely had gotten your money's worth and much much more out of it. It doesn't sound like the T01 is too bad just less adjustability. I bought a Diana 430L that was on sale but now I am very much considering adding the 36 to the collection. It does sound like a magnificent rifle that is hard to beat.