Diana 36 vs Diana 34

Hello, I am currently looking for my first springer rifle and I recently have been pushed by members to look for a Diana 34. So I have been looking around and found a Diana 36 in .177 cal. I am wondering if there is any difference in these two rifles since I have seen somewhere they are very similar. I am also wondering if it is recommended to get the 36 or not? What kind of longevity of parts and such is out there if the 36 and 34 are not part compatible? Unless they are in which case so far that seems fantastic! Also is there anything particular to know about the 36? 

Alright, then I may have to take the 36 into serious consideration. It is ~ $250 with a Maccari piston seal and a tune. I would be wanted a good reliable gun that is great for plinking and this seems like the ticket. Also, does anyone know how to stop Outlook mail (Windows 10 Mail app) from sending response email notifications to the spam folder?

I can tell you I love my Diana 430L For $149.00 brand new from AOA. Only available in .177 at this price. You may not be looking for an underlever, but at that price, it's so hard to pass it up, and it has the TO6 2 stage trigger as well. They said this rife had a bad reputation due to the cocking effort required on the predecessor Diana 430. So with a 2 inch longer barrel the lever is longer, and the cocking effort is not all that bad. I'm 66 and crank it down with no issues. The only negative on the Diana's in my opinion is if your right handed, it's not as friendly to load, as the loading gate is not cut all the way across the breach. I use my right hand to load. 

https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/spring-piston/diana-model-430l-combo-.177/

I can tell you I love my Diana 430L For $149.00 brand new from AOA. Only available in .177 at this price. You may not be looking for an underlever, but at that price, it's so hard to pass it up, and it has the TO6 2 stage trigger as well. They said this rife had a bad reputation due to the cocking effort required on the predecessor Diana 430. So with a 2 inch longer barrel the lever is longer, and the cocking effort is not all that bad. I'm 66 and crank it down with no issues. The only negative on the Diana's in my opinion is if your right handed, it's not as friendly to load, as the loading gate is not cut all the way across the breach. I use my right hand to load. 

https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/spring-piston/diana-model-430l-combo-.177/

I did not even know there was a fixed barrel springer at that price range that is pretty impressive of a setup then.

It's very accurate, and a beautiful rifle. Nice rubber but pad too, not the plastic they have on the 34. You don't get free shipping with it, but it's only $30.00, still making this one of the best deals on the market IMHO. This is my first springer, I have no problems putting the pellets where I want them to go. I'm only able to shoot in my basement 5-6 yard max., but still it feel's good seeing them go into such small groups, getting a jagged hole with 20-25 pellets a dime would cover.

Have a 430l I recently purchased in the aoa sale, as well as a 34 in both .177 and .22. would recommend any/all of them, but you can't beat the 430l for the deal on it. It's a tad heavy and cocks somewhat hard...not in any way unmanageable just "heavy" in my opinion for a sub 12lb gun.... But of those few it's the one i grab most often.These were some groups shot w the 430 last weekend @ 25 yards:
1578001890_12304335465e0e65e271f994.97462458_IMG_20191221_114923.jpg

I have just ordered a Diana 430L and a tin of JSB Exacts to get me started is there anything I should do when I receive the gun first? Also, I would like to thank everyone for their input and helping me out you all have been fantastic to learn from! I cannot wait to get started into more plinking and learning more about the science of air gunning. 

I had mixed expectations when I ordered mine, but the reality of the matter is that these were produced to sell in Europe and were not received well, and so a surplus of them remained, AOA buy's a container of them, and first try's at a reasonable price, they then started reducing it, and now it's just too good to say no to. Plus once you get it in your hands, you wondering how they could make any money on them. So Lucky us. The one thing I can tell you about cocking this, is that you pull down and feel the safety lock in, continue pulling through that until you hear a solid click and the lever will no longer move. I tried for an hour to get mine to shoot, not realizing I had not fully cocked the beast.

First, you should clean the barrel, I can say I didn't, and I'm still shooting it. I didn't clean my HW97BL or my HW77.My HW77 in .22 cal was the only one I cleaned, and it didn't take too many patches to do the job. You can find the video's on youtube for cleaning them. And make sure you get a drop of oil on the hinge points of the under lever. I wish AOA had faster shipping from the time you order to the time you get your tracking numbers, but they go through each one making sure they are AOK. Good luck, and we will hear from you again in a few weeks when you get it. 

Alright, that sounds good I had ordered some RWS lubricant with my order because I have no such lubricants for air guns at this time. I will defiantly need to get more cleaning supplies and watch some good videos. Thanks for the tip on the cocking and the false sense of actuation so that now I don't have to sit there and think what did I mess up now.