• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Diana 340 N-TEC or Weihrauch HW90

I'm looking at getting one of these two. I have shot the Diana, never held a Weihrauch.

What would I get for spending almost 50% more for the Weihrauch? Better trigger, barrel or gas ram?

I'm not worried about having a really nice walnut stock. The gun won't be used as a bench toy, it will be

used around the property.

I really enjoyed shooting the Diana. 

There is a post a few spots down about the beeman rx1 with a ton of information . It’s pretty much the same gun as the HW90. I haven’t held either one let alone fire them but the hw90 is a heavy gun. If weight matters get the rws. If power matters get the hw90. Additionally, the hw90 is available in more calibers. I would love to get a quality gas ram someday. I don’t think there is a wrong answer. They are both high quality guns from what I’ve heard and read. 

I would suggest that you also consider the HW95L which with a scope would be slightly over 9 lbs. where the HW90 would be over 10 lbs. I have no knowledge of the Diana but the HW95L is an excellent air rifle that is a lot of fun to shoot. Good luck with whatever you choose. My HW95L.

IMG_0386 1-20-2021 new rings.1615563305.jpg

I have never seen the Diana in person, but I do have an RX2 with laminated stock - the HW90 has a beech stock. Does the Diana have a plastic trigger - not that it matters with respect to function? The HW90 ram is adjustable and rebuildable not sure about the Diana - the power can be reduced on the HW as well. The HW90 has an easily resettable safety which is a nice feature. The piston and breech seal is the same as the R1/HW80. The HW90 is about a pound heavier than the Diana according to the specs I've seen - safari rifle heavy. To me both guns are most useful in 22 caliber. Would the HW90 be $300 or 43% percent more with it's added features and quality? It would be to me; but if a person finds the Diana more comfortable and easier to use then the price difference could mean a nice scope and a lot of pellets; that's something to consider. The HW90 is a more versatile gun, but if the Diana suits your purposes then why spend more?

There's really not a lot of difference between shooting a spring powered rifle vs. a gas rammed rifle, they're both piston style rifles. That Diana 340 N-Tec is actually nothing more than a Diana 34 converted from a spring gun to using a gas ram, so if you enjoyed it and shot well with it, the HW50s in .20 would be even easier to shoot. 6 inches shorter, weighs a pound less and shoots in the 10-11 fpe range vs the Diana which, as mentioned above, is a 16fpe rifle.

If you're wanting a step up in the power level and a rifle in .20 caliber, then consider taking a look at either the HW95 or Beeman R9. You could get what appears to be your wanted .20 caliber with a couple fpe more power and still a very easy to shoot rifle.

The HW90 ram is adjustable and rebuildable not sure about the Diana - the power can be reduced on the HW as well. The HW90 has an easily resettable safety which is a nice feature. The piston and breech seal is the same as the R1/HW80.

This is the biggest reason to stay with the 90 right here. ^^^^

Find the pellet that works best and then raise and lower the pressure until you find the best accuracy.