Diana Diana 34 won't fully cock

I was given a Diana 34 but it won't fully cock. I dont know any details on the thing besides its a Diana 34 in .177 with serial # 01140424. I can break the barrel about 1/3 of the way and then it hard stops. Can't get it to budge.

At the end of the rod that pushes the spring back there looks to be a small metal square piece that looks like it's split.

It moves with the rod but it doesn't wiggle or wobble so I assume it's supposed to be there?

Not sure if this is the problem? Not even sure what this part is as I couldn't find it on any diagrams. Attaching picture of the part.

I cant see anything else that looks wrong but afraid to do anything more than take the stock off as i do t know what i am doing.

Any suggestions?

17135681527935255909872359351112.jpg

17135681757162492742368998885082.jpg

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2017/07/checking-out-a-diana-rws-34p-part-4/

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2019/06/diana-35-part-4/

It's not that big a job bit if your first maybe daunting .. just look at spring compressor ideas to use for the job. .. may not really need one of a old or well broken spring , but you'll need it for going back new ...

I use a bar clamp on break barrels about 12-18$ at Lowes or harbor, ect...

Forums like gateway to airguns in German gaye can offer more info as well lots of Diana guys there ..

Read up , take your time , and I think you can handle it ... Heck if I can anybody can ..lol

Like mentioned, either way it needs to come apart and inspect it.

It can be welded with little caution taken. If split all the way then the piston is slightly enlarged and will bind. One way to weld is to insert a solid brass bar the correct size then weld it. The weld will not stick to the brass bar. The piston can be polished and be good as new.

Take it apart and post some pics. document with several photos so it easily goes back together.

what trigger is in the rifle TO-1---TO-5---or TO-6
the reason i ask is the TO-1 piston could be impossible to find new
older Diana parts are disappearing
and if the piston cannot be fixed and a later piston needed the trigger assembly needs to be changed also
you can see this might not be worth fixing
i would assume someone here has some parts laying around in there stuff

what trigger is in the rifle TO-1---TO-5---or TO-6
the reason i ask is the TO-1 piston could be impossible to find new
older Diana parts are disappearing
and if the piston cannot be fixed and a later piston needed the trigger assembly needs to be changed also
you can see this might not be worth fixing
i would assume someone here has some parts laying around in there stuff
How do you tell what trigger is in it?
I did find a some marks that say "10 94" so I think that is the month and year it was made?

Yeah, Oct. 1994 is the manufacturing date. There are no T0 -markings in the gun because back in 1994, there weren't any other Diana triggers than the T01.

I have a Diana 34 T01 from 1988 myself. Cracking gun (no pun intended), after much resurrection work.

T01 is the best Diana trigger there is if you ask me and many others, but parts for these triggers (and the piston needs to match the trigger version) aren't exactly easy to come by. Parts dealers like Chambers & Knibbs in the UK do have T01 parts on occasion, as do German dealers Schneider and Gotha.

Another option is to buy a new T06 trigger and piston and switch the innards. The T06 parts are commonly available, but it is a pretty penny with these two items.

Last edited: