• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Diana 34 trigger issue…need help. Any trigger block experts?

Hello there. I have a T05 trigger and I can’t seem to fit in the right pin. There seems to be something in the way. Is this supposed to be there and am I supposed to move it out the way when inserting the pin? Thanks. 

image.1628881383.jpg

This is loose inside: 

image.1628881965.jpg

That is a hairpin spring and yes supposed to be there. Come in from the opposite side with a small tool to move the spring up out of the way while pushing the pin thru. Once the pin has gotten in the way of the spring, then remove the tool from the opposite side while continue to push pin thru. Have done many over the years, you will get the knack after you have done it a couple times. 

That is a hairpin spring and yes supposed to be there. Come in from the opposite side with a small tool to move the spring up out of the way while pushing the pin thru. Once the pin has gotten in the way of the spring, then remove the tool from the opposite side while continue to push pin thru. Have done many over the years, you will get the knack after you have done it a couple times.

Well said ! I had that issue but was quickly resolved.

Ok so is it supposed to flop? It’s loose. So basically I put in the first pin in the right pin hole (first picture) and it fits since obviously there is nothing to block it. Then for the left pin hole, while I have the pin in, do I push that little hairpin (first picture) up in that orientation? Does it require a lot of force? Thanks for the help!

Yep, the hairpin spring is held in position by those two pins. That second pin just needs the spring pushed up a little to allow the pin to slide all the way thru. Back in the day, I used tovtake them completely apart to polish the sear, trim off the spring and moly coat...made an awesome two stage trigger !! Many folks balked at the old 3 ball triggers but with a little work they could become awesome !!

Yep, the hairpin spring is held in position by those two pins. That second pin just needs the spring pushed up a little to allow the pin to slide all the way thru. Back in the day, I used tovtake them completely apart to polish the sear, trim off the spring and moly coat...made an awesome two stage trigger !! Many folks balked at the old 3 ball triggers but with a little work they could become awesome !!

Do you think I could take it apart with minimal difficulty? I saw a video on it (albeit a really shabby video), but I understand the main parts to it. What I’m asking is…are there very small parts that are hard to put back in?

AirShot nailed it. Though the mechanism is different, I had a very similar issue with a T01 trigger. "Reply #2" in this thread has a brilliant suggestion for making a simple "dummy pin" that worked perfectly in my case, and should help in yours:

https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=189696.0

I am NOT a T05 expert, but surely one does not need to dismantle the whole trigger block just to get it back in the gun. That's why they created "trigger blocks" to begin with!

😀

Do you think I could take it apart with minimal difficulty? I saw a video on it (albeit a really shabby video), but I understand the main parts to it. What I’m asking is…are there very small parts that are hard to put back in?

Not that difficult, but then again I have done many...just watch very closely when you take it apart so you will remember how it all goes back together. Even take some closeup pics with your phone!!! Remembering back, there should not be anything flying out.. Go slow and look closely, watch how things work and you will see which parts to polish. Get yourself a dremel and some cratex bullits, clean well after polishing then rub surfaces with moly paste, and rub it in well!!! After assembly a few drops of light oil at hinge and pivot points. The wire spring that gives you first stage tension usually needs a coil or two nipped off. Then stretch out remaining to original length. Should make first stage a little lighter

Not that difficult, but then again I have done many...just watch very closely when you take it apart so you will remember how it all goes back together. Even take some closeup pics with your phone!!! Remembering back, there should not be anything flying out.. Go slow and look closely, watch how things work and you will see which parts to polish. Get yourself a dremel and some cratex bullits, clean well after polishing then rub surfaces with moly paste, and rub it in well!!! After assembly a few drops of light oil at hinge and pivot points. The wire spring that gives you first stage tension usually needs a coil or two nipped off. Then stretch out remaining to original length. Should make first stage a little lighter

Thank you!