• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Diana 34 Springs -- Detuning to 12FPE?

I am wondering if anyone has a Diana 34 or clone and have detuned their rifles using a more docile spring rendering 12 FPE rather than the stock 15-16FPE (I'm talking .177 cal). If I go this route, what can I expect besides lower velocity? Will the rifle still shoot the 10.5 heavies that it prefers now, or will it prefer the mid-weight pellets? Is there really a radical difference in reducing pellet velocity 4 fpe?

I have a 34 but it is in 22. I mistakenly bought the wrong spring when replacing the broke spring (original). The spring I bought was the 12fpe and didn't realize it till I went outside to shoot it. The poi was very low compared to the original but the shot cycle was very nice. It was still very accurate just not as jumpy. Your .177 should be great with that spring or better yet a vortek kit. Hope this helped. 

I tune all of my .177 springers (pro sport, hw97k and R1) to 12fpe. This is a popular power level that IMHO optimizes accuracy, shot cycle and power in a full size springer. For hunting game birds and squirrels, I have found 12fpe to be plenty out to 40 yards. 

Two of my guns shoot the JSB 10.3s best at 12fpe. 

There are several drop in tune kits from Vortek and JM designed to produce 12fpe in the D34. Or you can just cut 2-3 coils off your factory spring to get there.

Highly recommended in my view.

R