• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Diana 34 n tech performance

Hey just purchased a new 340 gas ram gun (high powered Australian model) think around 15 -17 f/lbs.Mine is in .177 and shoots really well .After firing about 400 pellets through it i went to re cock it and the barrel seemed to be all locked up. 

It just would not break open . I did not want yo force it too much, so i removed the stock to have a look, all seemed ok nothing obvious to me untrained eyes so i reassembled the stock on and surprise surprise i could now cock the gun. 

Has anyone experienced this before

Cheers Rod

I have with one of my Diana break barrels don't remember which. The problem turned out to be the ball detent was sticking out a bit too far and the ball bearing was binding instead of compressing.. I pushed the bearing in a bit against the spring and used a punch in the metal around the outside of the ball and crimped the metal a bit holding the ball a bit deeper than it was and it came out great. If you look close the bearing is held in there with crimps near the edge. I did not crimp on the edge but a bit farther in. the metal in the breech is soft and a dull punch will expaned the metal with ease I got lucky on my 1st hit. Before all that I was having to slap the barrel to break it open and it got harder until I thought I was gonna break something so I had to try something and I figured it right. I did this alone and would be easier if someone were there to hold the bearing down for you. Don't over do it so that the lockup is loose. Just has to be under the half way mark. Good luck.