Tuning Diana 34 barrel detent chisel

I bought this unit used, so I'm not sure if the Lifetime warranty will be applicable. I've put a zillion rounds through it and not sure how many before I got it. I haven't "tinkered" with the chisel or the ball, but have taken the gun apart for springs/seal/trigger polishing. The only reason I have even looked at the barrel lock up is because it will randomly start having accuracy issues. I have chased this issue for a bit. The gun goes from great grouping to not without explanation. I attached a picture as it shows the wear.
20201220_160651.1608510288.jpg

I would reach out to Umarexusa anyway say you don't have the receipt (FACT) then let us know how it went.

LETS SEE WHAT THEIR LIFETIME WARRANTY REALLY MEANS UNLIKE REAL BS WARRANTY LIKE NO WARRANTY TO THE NEXT GUY FROM HAWKE AND MTC AND OPTISAN AND MUELLER AND NIKON AND BSA AND SO ON...

OH AND FALCON OPTICS AND DISCOVERY AND TAC VECTOR...

Thanks for the replies. I am going to contact them and see what they say. I had removed the barrel when it was actively not grouping and put it on another gun. It grouped a ok. I have check all the mounting screws, swapped scopes, inspected the dovetail rail on compression tube, measured FPS when this happens, cleaned barrel...ETC. I guess we'll see what the folks at Umarex say. Still kind of curious if that chisel is serviceable. Being a potential wear item, I would hope you could replace it.

I bought this unit used, so I'm not sure if the Lifetime warranty will be applicable. I've put a zillion rounds through it and not sure how many before I got it. I haven't "tinkered" with the chisel or the ball, but have taken the gun apart for springs/seal/trigger polishing. The only reason I have even looked at the barrel lock up is because it will randomly start having accuracy issues. I have chased this issue for a bit. The gun goes from great grouping to not without explanation. I attached a picture as it shows the wear.

One thing to check on these if your having accuracy issues is the yoke that you secure the front stock fastners to. Notice the large Phillips head screw in your picture? Those were tightened at the factory and struck to prevent the screw from loosening. You can see the strike mark on the head of the screw. These sometimes come loose. Take off your stock and grab the end tabs of the yoke and twist back and forth. If it does move PM me for a fix. I had to do it on my. 22cal M34 Panther.

To me it looks like someone did some "work" on the ramp of the "chisel" and didn't polish it well. Does a new version have the same overall shape or does it have a sharper point? How does the opposing locking part in the barrel block look? Am I mistaken or is the visible part of the "chisel" the bottom (non-engaging) portion and if so what does the top portion look like? A long while back I had a similar issue on a Hatsan 125. I removed the "chisel", shimmed the spring, relieved the "chisel" retaining slot slightly for more protrusion, and polished it all. Accuracy improved and I believe better lockup was the reason. On this gun, do you have a "ball" that moves against a fixed "chisel" or is it the opposite?

Thank again for the input, folks! Bandg, it is a spring loaded/captured ball in the breech block. The chisel on the lock up side has a bit of wear that is more concentric to the corresponding ball.And GoldenState, I did find that yolk screw was loose. I did remove the screw and applied a dab of blue loctite. I have battled accuracy since I acquired this unit. Sometimes, its a single hole shooter, then without warning, it starts spraying. That's when I started inspecting to try to isolate the root cause. 

Thank again for the input, folks! Bandg, it is a spring loaded/captured ball in the breech block. The chisel on the lock up side has a bit of wear that is more concentric to the corresponding ball.And GoldenState, I did find that yolk screw was loose. I did remove the screw and applied a dab of blue loctite. I have battled accuracy since I acquired this unit. Sometimes, its a single hole shooter, then without warning, it starts spraying. That's when I started inspecting to try to isolate the root cause.

That's a different animal than I dealt with. Hope you can find the parts to replace if needed. I wonder how such a captured ball could be removed? Is it peened into place or is there a removable retainer. Hopefully the yoke screw turns out to be the issue as that should be easier to fix permanently.