Deviant nutter behavior

Strangest thing this morning. Had my bait station set up, ran out of nut & berry so went to chunky PB. Must have been a dozen nutters all thru my garden property.

Bait station is about 38 yards from a semi-bench rest setup.

Well, got the first one dead on the spot and then a smaller male came by and grabbed it like a pit bull shaking it madly for about 20-30 seconds. It was a big male dead nutter on the ground in front of the bait station. After the second male dropped it out of his mouth, another big male grabbed the dead nutter and started biting the crap out of its sack, also shaking it madly... This only lasted for under a minute till they both started feeding at the bait station.

The p&b smeared on the plywood about 10" high works great as nutters stand up facing the plywood munching away giving an excellent shot at the base of neck/skull for an instant dots. Started using the plywood leaned up against the tree, as tree was getting the brunt of pass thru damage and I love that tree... 7/8" Plywood protects my tree and works good with peanut butter smears...

1591025115_9697665445ed51ddb3090d1.88073951.jpg

I've had that happen before one time I shot a old male grey off my oak tree he was just a few feet above the ground when he hit the ground another squirrel came down the tree and looked him over real good then jumped old the dead old squirrel and chewed the dickens out of him, shaking him around and chewing some all the while I was getting reloaded and ended that little show! I figured the old grey probably was the master of the neighborhood and probably had whipped the younger ones butt a few time. The younger one's revenge didn't last long!

RB

I've had that happen before one time I shot a old male grey off my oak tree he was just a few feet above the ground when he hit the ground another squirrel came down the tree and looked him over real good then jumped old the dead old squirrel and chewed the dickens out of him, shaking him around and chewing some all the while I was getting reloaded and ended that little show! I figured the old grey probably was the master of the neighborhood and probably had whipped the younger ones butt a few time. The younger one's revenge didn't last long!

RB

Yup, probably some/a lot of that going on also... The second nutter did come over and did "look him over real good" before he went all pit bull on him... The third large male that came to the bait station is what confuses me. Why purposely multiple times viciously chew on his male parts...?