• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Arms Detuning AA TX200 MK3. Which route should I go?

I'd bet the 12fpe version is nothing more than a spring swap. Actually, I'm almost certain of it.

If they made a short stroke piston, they would also have to make a new compression tube with the notches for the anti-beartrap relocated.

And they offer neither of those parts as replacements. Considering that almost every one they sell in the UK is sub12, I find it even harder to believe that those parts (if they existed) wouldn't be readily available over there.
The 12 ft lb. version is a swap to a 5.27 N/mm (30 lbf/in) spring, coupled with a variety of piston weights to suit full barrel/HC, and calibre.

My two .177" TX200s have longer (non-standard, but made for me by Air Arms) piston rods for 85mm stroke, coupled with the UK spring and 40mm of preload, and the third beartrap notch aligns perfectly.

My rifles deliver 11.35 ft. lb. with 8.4gn AA Field.

Reactions: AirShot
Short stroke by the latch rod. Tinbum easier and fine but I prefer the Latch rod method. For a really sweet tx aim for 10.5ftlbs. The only thing different you will notice is a much nicer shot cycle. The slight drop in power will not be apparent. Here is mine shooting at 10ftlbs.
E2415795-1B2B-4290-A200-4C31BAD0B86F.jpeg

Just a note on detuning the TX200:
Mine is a TX200HC .22 lefty
I just installed a TinBum Maxi Pro short stroke kit in it last night. Very easy install. Cleaned ALL of the factory moly out of everything completely and used Krytox very sparingly. Also installed a new top breech seal.
Finally had a chance to shoot it just now.
12.07FPE….previously 14.52FPE. Shooting 14.3 cphp
Much, much easier to cock(I’m 70)
Cocking was also smoother and quieter than before.
Shot cycle was noticeably quicker and smoother.
Accuracy was a bit better than before…..5 out of 8 within a dime at 30 yards, 2 on the line and 1 just outside the line. I shoot from a bench in my backyard. I’ll have more time to shoot Sunday and will post pictures.
My TX was already an amazing springer but now it’s even more so.
The really cool thing about installing a tune kit in one of these is that I could convert it back to stock in 30 minutes…..literally
Oh, and it took 6 days for the kit to get to Texas from across the ocean!
Last thing is that I’ll never use anything but Krytox in any springer ever again!!!!
Good evening
Norris

My TX200 has a macari kit in it with the metal OEM spring guide The metal guide was a little tighter so i used it

My rifle is super easy to cock and shoot cycle is amazing. It averages 764 fps w/ 14.5gn pellets 19fpe Literally one whole groups at 25 yards I was shooting it today It still amazes me!!!!!
So, you're getting your TX to push a 14grain .22 cal to 764FPS? You obviously are using Maccarri's large spring?..... and it's easier to cock? How are you getting the vibration down using the OEM spring guide? I've never seen a TX200 shoot that velocity in .22 cal.
Just curious.

I bought it used (like new) a year ago from Air gun warriors classifieds When I first got it, I took it apart and I noticed it was full of tar so I ordered a full power spring kit from Maccari When I went to put in the new spring I realized the spring and top hat in it were maccari so I replaced it with the exact same spring minus the tar Again I bought it used so I didn't know(Should have just cleaned the spring). At the same time I put in a vortek piston seal But after a few hundred shots It didn't seem to perform that well (a little too loose) I put the blue seal back on that came with the gun and it's working perfect I don't know if the previous owner sized the seal or what? it's a blue seal I can't even find a blue seal like it online I also tried the Tesla seal too but it also seemed a little too small I also bought a larger Tesla seal from ARH But haven't tried it yet it's been working perfectly with the blue seal for at least a couple 1000 shots now.
Also it's not dieseling I lubbed with krytox 205 and a light coat of gl105 for the piston. The guide I got from Makari was actually kind of loose so I tried the metal guide and it was really tight so I used it Absolutely zero twang vibration or anything it's hands down the sweetest sounding springer I have and it's not even close!!! My backyard range is only 25 yards but it's almost not fun shooting groups with my TX