• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Designing a new Slug for myself.

I posted this in the Air Pistol Section, and now am working on the same Principle for My Raptor In a heavier weight. 

I'm looking forward to testing if this unexpected Central Snow and wind ever stops. Being a Texan, anything much under 72F irritates me. LOL!

I did get to try it out on a trash bird and darned near tore in in half. Woo-Hoo!!! Cant wait to test the heavier (35 gr.) even more explosive version in the Raptor at over 1000 fps. I want to see mist and parts raining down. muhahahahaha!!!!

There was a thread on the GTA recently with people having no luck with Hollow Points in their pistols due to low velocity. Some even reported no to poor expansion in lower powered (600) or slightly more fps), pcp rifles. This led me to experiment further. As many of you know, I design and test slugs for myself and a few others. 

Using a PP-700 .22 at 475 to 500 fps with the 27 grain slug, I am having these results with my hand cast HP slugs. I will be making a fixture for my mill for repeatability for accuracy. 

This pic is from the PP at stated @ 20 yards into a simple water jug filled with simple tap water. Not a decent test, but all I had at the moment. 

Expansion from the .216 slug was over .454" and I am looking for a deadly vermin slug when walking the pup here at night out in the country.

KnifeMaker

DSC02671.1610350087.JPG
DSC02673.1610350097.JPG
DSC02674.1610350108.JPG

Your slug reminds me of the Hunters Supply slug I used to use in my .25 Condor. They have the two bands on them too and has acceptable hunting accuracy. Then Rat Snipper came out with their slug which is now The FX Hybrid and they were very accurate and had the deep pear shape hollow point design. It definitely caused much more tissue damage than the simple hollow point design of the Hunters Supply slug. I really like your idea. By the look of your expanded slug your plug has 4 sharp r edges that promotes the tip to splay open evenly and probably easier than a round hole. You should have gotten a design patent before placing this in the public domain. This is not a new design for a rifle slug but maybe for an airgun slug. Rat Sniper has a patent on his hollow point Hybrid design.