• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Design Flaw in FX Wildcat MK3 and Maverick

7B40AE78-3514-4E57-AC7C-DA9CA801DE14.1619579867.jpeg
While troubleshooting a change in velocity in my FX Wildcat MK3, I found considerable wear on the power wheel. The hammer spring adjustment set screw had been beating into the aluminum wheel, causing a change in the hammer spring preload. This isn’t just wearing of the anodizing; this is an indentation from the set screw. FX needs to address this!

There is a difference and I assume an improvement. My 1st Wildcat MKIII was equipped with the parts on the left. My 2nd WC is equipped with those on the right. The wheels and adjusters have obvious differences.
0317211458a.1619610563.jpg

This is the solution. Widen the contact area so the force is distributed over a wider area. I’ll contact FX and see if I can get the updated parts. This should be covered under warranty.

There is a difference and I assume an improvement. My 1st Wildcat MKIII was equipped with the parts on the left. My 2nd WC is equipped with those on the right. The wheels and adjusters have obvious differences.
0317211458a.1619610563.jpg

This is the solution. Widen the contact area so the force is distributed over a wider area. I’ll contact FX and see if I can get the updated parts. This should be covered under warranty.

I emailed FX and they got back to me almost immediately. The updated parts will be sent to me.

I emailed FX and they got back to me almost immediately. The updated parts will be sent to me.

That's really good to hear, and an example of great customer service that some other companies could stand to mimic!

-Clayton

That's the way it should be done. There is an issue and you correct it, no cost to the consumer.

You mean to tell me that FX sent out guns with an aluminum part designed to slide across the top of a socket head set screw? Seriously? On a $2000 gun? Am I seeing it wrong as to how that works?

Well, it doesn’t really slide unless if you were to try and turn the power wheel with the gun cocked, which you’re explicitly told not to do. Although, in lessmundane’s case, that’s what happened. The damage is caused by the screw ramming into the wheel in the same spot over and over.