Design A Cart For 2 Yong Heng Compressors

I have filled my 75cu ft tank several times now and the water never even gets warm. I am planning on doing a build in a much more compact version when I get time.

Thanks for sharing your build. I've been brainstorming about an almost identical build and you saved me a ton of time on researching the radiator/tank parts list. Can you please elaborate on how you have the plumbing done between the tank, radiator and pump? I'm guessing the rad is on the return side, is gravity enough to get the water through it and back into the tank? Also, does it matter if the flow gauge is on the pump or return line?

I was beat to add the siphon effect, oh well. Here's my contribution.

THESE PUMPS SHAKE.

Take some 1/4" or 3/8" stranded S/S wire (home depot/Lowe's) and cut it long enough to make some loops 3-4, separate the loops by 1/2" or more. Weld, Drill, etc. some way to hold the loops in place. Top and Bottom plate out of 2"x4" will work, by drilling a few holes through them and use the cable to make to loops keeping the 2x4 separate by a couple inches. Remove the rubber feet and screw the upper 2x4 in it's place. Now set the compressor on both and the wires will dampen any vibration from the pump. They use these types of isolators on Navy Ships equipment. When I get to SC, I'll be making a cart and adding these.

I hope that makes sense.

Smitty

Last edited:
I have a plan in mind but I didn't want to build it and then see someone else's and say I wish I had thought of that.

I've been thinking about building a new welding cart with all three welders on it so I could remove the extra bits from my current welding cart and use it for the compressors.

View attachment 192220
I always like carts with four casters rather than two casters and two fixed wheels. It allows you to push it into narrow spaces easily.

I always like carts with four casters rather than two casters and two fixed wheels. It allows you to push it into narrow spaces easily.
In Russia even shopping carts have 4 casters but the standard here is only two on the front of anything. I build bases for all my shop equipment with 4 casters so that I can put machines I don't use regularly back in the tool room for storage. Here's a drop top cold saw stand, a base for my cabinet saw and a 50 inch air/hydraulic brake I designed and built many years ago.

cold saw stand - Copy.png
cabinet saw base - Copy.png
50 inch brake -.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: rcs9250 and bigHUN
I like Greg's build too - looks great. It doesn't seem to have tubing yet, however. I added a computer radiator that uses about the same size tubing as the Yong Heng simplifying hooking things up. I put two small 120V fans on the radiator and the radiator is on top of the bucket. In the winter my temperature rise was not to more than 60 degrees C. But in the summer the temperature started rising to 70 C quickly. I checked the pump (a bigger one than came with the YH and it seemed to be working fine. Then I noticed the vinyl hose I hooked it up with was kinked in a couple places. So I replaced it with 5/16 brake line hose. Seems to be much more resistant to kinking. Temperature on the last fill did not go over 63 degrees C. I use my YH to fill my 45 minute SCBA tank.

So my point is to worry about the hose too. Little pumps don't push full flow past kinks.

My other suggestion is you might want to make it possible to raise the gold filter when you are using the YH. I have but do not use a moisture filter that size partially because it would be difficult to get water that condenses in the line to flow back to the YH. I want it to go there so I can vent it and not trap it in the filter. I open the vent about every 5 minutes of run time and moisture comes out every time. I use color changing dessicant beads in a smaller black filter (in addition to the stock cotton filter that came with the YH) and I rarely have to replace them. So I see no need for a bigger filter. But I think having water flow back to the YH and venting it is part of the reason I don't need a bigger filter. I replace the cotton filter after each tank fill. I bought a bag of 100 from Allibabba.