• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Desiccant in pump?

When I was resealing my PCP rifle, I noticed beige powder residue on o-rings, same color as the desiccant that came with my Hill hand pump. Checked the pump, sure enough, the bleed valve has some fine beige powder on it, and so does the inside of the filter. I temporarily replaced it with regular silica gel, not sure if there is a difference, but figured I'd ask here.

Is it normal? What do I need to do? Is it going to damage the gun? And lastly, I am in Arizona, pretty dry here...should I just get rid of desiccant altogether?

Thanks.

I am in Oregon.. compressor is in the garage.. I don't use desiccant, just the moisture trap on the Omega trail charger.. id think if you pump by hand inside the house you shouldn't have any moisture trouble.. I'm waiting on seals for my first rifle from 8 years ago because it is starting to leak down to regulator pressure very slowly so I will inspect the inside.. and I will see if any signs of moisture.. I did just open a 1 year old gun for modifications and the only thing that I found inside besides clean and dry was what appeared to be silicone assembly lube..
Mark

Reactions: muradtexas