• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Derrick Wall Shoots a Perfect EFT Score!

I had proposed using the AAFTA method for Grand Prix points, but that didn't fly. In the AAFTA method, the highest score at a GP from any class becomes 100% and every other score is a percent of that score. A competitors top three scores from Grand Prix's held around the country are what is counted... They can shoot as many GPs as they want, but only the top 3 scores count. The National Championship is the last Grand Prix of the season, but it doesn't count for any more points than any other GP.

In any case, the Grand Prix series were designed to encourage competitors to travel and shoot in different venues and test their skills on courses other than their home venue.
Yes, that does hamper those who can't travel, but GPs aren't for everyone and were never meant to be... Local clubs can have their own local GPs from a combination of scores from their local events.
Wayne, I like your way (AAFTA) of awarding points based on a shooter's percentage of the winning score. It is definitely the most fair way to do it. However, trying to do that without a choice of 20 events to shoot (AAFTA) makes it hard to come up with a fair method of awarding overall GP points when there are only 4 to 8 (2023) events available.

I pegged that danged Derrick character as a trouble maker from the get-go!👺 I'm sure he started this whole thread just to start trouble. It's all his fault this spiraled into a ball of chaos and confusion of intelligent people at one-anothers' throats.🤬

We should ban him before he can cause more trouble! (and beat me again):ROFLMAO: