N/A Demand fair treatment!

I think all air gun sellers should at the very least provide schematics which include o-ring dimensions and properties. If they do not, we should boycott them. People should not have to spend countless hours figuring out what o-ring works on what air rifle.​

Folks, this is simply stupid! We need to demand that the sellers of the air rifles we buy provide us with valid specifications for all parts. If they do not want to do that, than we will simply not buy.. The days of sellers over users, are over!

You keep using the word "sellers". I am trying to understand if you think the retail "sellers" (dealers) should provide this information or if you think the "manufacturer" of the air gun should provide that information. :unsure:
Dealers? Sellers? I am perhaps not the perfect person, in this regard. What I would say is that people making, and selling, airguns, are forcing their wares on you. They want you to buy it. Then, they go away...They provide nothing with regard to repair, etc. Why should we buy this crap! Honestly, if you do not understand what I am saying- you are choosing not to....

Reactions: bf1956
I have had many PCPs for many years. I have change O'rings on many of them.

I have never known the size of any O'rings I have changed.

What I have always done is to take the original one I want to replace, bring it with me to the O'rings store and ask for 20 equal to the original one in order to have in stock for the next time.

I have never had a PCP out of work because not having found an O'rings. Never !!!

Once I got broken the spring of the hammer of my Bantam Sniper. I took the broken spring, brought it to the spring maker closer to my house, ask them to make me two of equal to the original one and (for peanuts) I had the new springs the following day. And the replacement is still working perfectly. I have one as spare just in case.

I have had the need of original pieces from the manufacturer (Airgun Technology in Prague, Czech Republic), for my Vulcan 2 .25 Cal and for my Uragan in .22 Cal. A barrel for the Uragan and a complete filling port for the Vulcan 2. I wrote by WhatsApp to them and they have sent me the spare parts.

Not so difficult at all.

I had to send an FX Bobcat to the waste basket because it had frequent leaks and it was very difficult to repair. But that was a problem of design of the rifle, not of availability of O'rings.

Last edited:
I'd like online availability of all parts to my rifles. The same way I can look up parts for my vehicles.
The manufacturers of the guns already have a parts list because obviously someone needs to design them and create a "how to" for the assembly line personnel. Why can't that information be digitized and available on their website in pdf.

I think all air gun sellers should at the very least provide schematics which include o-ring dimensions and properties. If they do not, we should boycott them. People should not have to spend countless hours figuring out what o-ring works on what air rifle.​

Folks, this is simply stupid! We need to demand that the sellers of the air rifles we buy provide us with valid specifications for all parts. If they do not want to do that, than we will simply not buy.. The days of sellers over users, are over!
Yeah, no not so much !
Actually, if you dig deep enough, most...DEALERS...do have schematics of their guns available.

So...there you have it ! Just head to the "correct" place and you should be happy, going to the "correct" people for your answers.

Mike

Yeah I’m with Emu and the rest who feel that measuring the old o ring gets you what you need.
There are FX haters, and to those I have to say, FX is so service oriented like no other manufacturer. Sure, other makers of PCP’s offer drawings also, but fx provides drawings for days along with part numbers, o ring sizes/types along with fastener sizes.

What I do wish, for the manufacturers that don’t go above and beyond like FX does, is at least follow what Hatsan and LCS does and provide an o ring kit in the box for each gun they produce/sell.

Since we’re on this topic, what other pcp manufacturers provide an o ring kit with each gun? I only know of Hatsan and LCS as that’s what I own. Does Edgun, Daystate, Steyr, etc provide seals? Let’s name them if you know of other makers that provide a kit with each gun

Reactions: qball and SHOMER
I’m with you OP. It wouldn’t be too much trouble to list all o rings and sizes for a gun so the end user wouldn’t have to measure. I mean hell offer complete rebuild kits with 2 dollars worth of rings for 25 bucks. I’m buying every time because I want to shoot not dick around trying to source and size orings. However, this thread shows you why they don’t because most people accept it.

I’m with you OP. It wouldn’t be too much trouble to list all o rings and sizes for a gun so the end user wouldn’t have to measure. I mean hell offer complete rebuild kits with 2 dollars worth of rings for 25 bucks. I’m buying every time because I want to shoot not dick around trying to source and size orings. However, this thread shows you why they don’t because most people accept it.
This is the right solution for me.

They probably won’t do it though because then people will call in asking for support rebuilding their airgun and most of their questions will not be reasonable. The manufacturer cannot afford to deal with all of that for the price of an O-Ring kit.

Reactions: Kilmouski
I have had many PCPs for many years. I have change O'rings on many of them.

I have never known the size of any O'rings I have changed.

What I have always done is to take the original one I want to replace, bring it with me to the O'rings store and ask for 20 equal to the original one in order to have in store for the next time.

I have never had a PCP out of work because not having found an O'rings. Never !!!

Once I got broken the spring of the hammer of my Bantam Sniper. I took the broken spring, brought it to the spring maker closer to my house, ask them to make me two of equal to the original one and (for peanuts) I had the new springs the following day. And the replacement is still working perfectly. I have one as spare just in case.

I have had the need of original pieces from the manufacturer (Airgun Technology in Prague, Czech Republic), for my Vulcan 2 .25 Cal and for my Uragan in .22 Cal. A barrel for the Uragan and a complete filling port for the Vulcan 2. I wrote by WhatsApp to them and they have sent me the spare parts.

Not so difficult at all.

I had to send an FX Bobcat to the waste basket because it had frequent leaks and it was very difficult to repair. But that was a problem of design of the rifle, not of availability of O'rings.
The O’rings store? ? ? Sure wish I had one of those near me !