• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A Demand fair treatment!

No one mentioned specifically the material the o-ring is made of. As we all know, this is an oft overlooked aspect, which can lead to frustration when a new o-ring won't "o-ring"!

Durometer as well, and honestly each oring material should have very specific color codings like wires for electrical, and durometer different shades of said color...yea I am kind of a genius.

Have you ever bought a car that came with a repair manual?

All of my cars came with a dealer network.

Anything beyond that, you’re on your own.
Actually, I have been working on cars for many years. I have a Chiltons manual for them. It tells me everything I need to know to rebuild the car. Why is there not the same for an airgun that costs $3000+ ?

• Love
Reactions: HKVP9 and rayroz
i guess ill mention FX again lol

as was said,
they have no problem giving parts diagrams,
or parts.

i had a screw strip out on the cocking block of my impact,
called fx,
they put a new block in my hands in a 3 days,
i do not think i would get the same swift solution from companies of any other airguns i own.

Actually, I have been working on cars for many years. I have a Chiltons manual for them. It tells me everything I need to know to rebuild the car. Why is there not the same for an airgun that costs $3000+ ?
Thank you for proving my point - Chilton makes and sells that manual, not the OEM.

You bought that Chilton manual - it didn’t come with your car.

The automotive repair example supports the idea that OEMs do not owe us detailed repair kits and documentation.

Maybe there is a cottage industry out there to make repair manuals and parts kits for airguns. But I haven’t seen it done yet.

• Haha
Reactions: SDstephan
I don’t think it’s a good comparison, auto and airguns.
The car makers have very deep pockets.

Having worked for manufacturing companies for many years, I can tell you that what you suggest, although correct on some level, would result in huge cost increases.

Airguns are not cars and sure don’t bring in the kind of money for the infrastructure required to tell everyone everything.

Maybe it’s just me, but don’t feel anyone owes me anything.

Yeah I’m with Emu and the rest who feel that measuring the old o ring gets you what you need.
There are FX haters, and to those I have to say, FX is so service oriented like no other manufacturer. Sure, other makers of PCP’s offer drawings also, but fx provides drawings for days along with part numbers, o ring sizes/types along with fastener sizes.

What I do wish, for the manufacturers that don’t go above and beyond like FX does, is at least follow what Hatsan and LCS does and provide an o ring kit in the box for each gun they produce/sell.

Since we’re on this topic, what other pcp manufacturers provide an o ring kit with each gun? I only know of Hatsan and LCS as that’s what I own. Does Edgun, Daystate, Steyr, etc provide seals? Let’s name them if you know of other makers that provide a kit with each gun
Skout provides a comprehensive “spares” kit with each gun, and their customer service is phenomenal! FX customer service is also fantastic in my experience.

Reactions: Centercut
No one mentioned specifically the material the o-ring is made of. As we all know, this is an oft overlooked aspect, which can lead to frustration when a new o-ring won't "o-ring"!
Static locations .. Buna/N 70 duro. Dynamic locations 90 duro if it can be fitted using Buna/n or Urethane.
Not a fixed rule .. but will cover most applications.
And lets not forget ... SAE or Metric sizes :LOL: Lot & lots & lots of metric sizes :mad:

Harbor Freight has O ring Kits in Imperial and metric sizes, one of each will serve an airgunner a long time. Ace Hardware and TruValue Hardware have o-rings in the "loose parts" department, in a lot of sizes. SO you CAN source locally.

As far as AG service manuals go.... many airguns being introduced seemingly daily is a lot of reference materials. Ive been involved in some product development, and many times the prototype drawings exist solely on a napkin, some spiral notebooks and a spreadsheet. Bigger companies could do it, as itll likely be a full time position to collect, assemble and present that data in a coherent manner--likely soley on the web

MY SUGGESTION: IF the AGN management would be so kind to create a read-only subforum that contains parts lists, exploded diagrams etc that we the forum users send to them (they can post it for us, remember "read-only") then in a short time you'll have quite the library, in known, central spot.

Ive learned to be proactive in my repair and maintenance efforts, as you cannot rely on the vendor or manufacturer. Google is your friend, and a polite query here and other forums can yield valuable info easily

When did we go from an activity evolved through hard work, research, ingenuity & innovation to "stomping our feet & holding our breath" when every single possible answer & solution is not effortlessly handed to us? The explosive evolution of airguns by manufacturers over the last 5 years alone I think is due in large part to individuals like us who found answers & solutions to our problems that were then incorporated in newer generations of airguns by said manufacturers. WHERE would we be if a little "inconvenience" stopped us in our tracks? IMHO, I've pretty much found what I've needed on this forum over the years, NOT by boycotting the people selling airguns. Let's not get too lazy 🙂 :unsure:

Becasue the air gun market is too small for Chiltons, Clymer, or any other service manual publisher to even notice any of us exist.
So we have to settle for forums and Youtube videos and in many cases that is far superior.

As for o-ring and spare parts availability? I factored that into all of the research I did before buying my higher end air guns rather than strugle with it later.

Last edited:
i guess ill mention FX again lol

as was said,
they have no problem giving parts diagrams,
or parts.

i had a screw strip out on the cocking block of my impact,
called fx,
they put a new block in my hands in a 3 days,
i do not think i would get the same swift solution from companies of any other airguns i own.
Same experience with my Prophet. Cracked cocking lever. One email and two days later new upgraded part in my mailbox.
As I said in my previous response. Research all facets, including customer support and sevice of any product you are considering before spending your money.

in the auto industry manufactors will work with motors or possibaly chiltons to pruduce those manuales as well as companies that make specialty tool all of wich you can purcase form the dealers or most parts house with the excetion of motors manuals. and the auto manufactors do publish adinoms from time to time.
in any event you have the option of access to a service manual.

i seriusly doubt the air gun industry is large enough to justify the type of manuale
hoever they do know what o-ring they use in a given gun. i see no reason why they could not offer that information to anyone that needs or wants it?

some companies do!!!!
i am not going to deal with a company i cant get parts for rather that be the manufactoror or the dealer. as long as i can get those parts i am good.

so choose who you buy from and research what guns you are buying.

i think guys that are saying buy calipers or rulers well i am a machinest and would much rather just have the information avalible as o what i need i realy dont want to dismantle my gun to figure it out. give me a list and i will have them on hand in the event i need them?

thats my two cents

• Love
Reactions: HKVP9 and mh

I think all air gun sellers should at the very least provide schematics which include o-ring dimensions and properties......​

How naive....

Patents, proprietary parts, design rights, built in obsolescence and outright theft keep many manufacturers from sharing this information.

You boycott them and I'll keep fixing, modifying and re-ringing them.

Official repair shops will have the information, getting a copy of that information is a right we have.

Last edited: