• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A Demand fair treatment!

I have digital calipers I have a problem with squishing with calipers. With a ruler just flop it down and read the OD.
Issue is .... METRIC o-rings spec by Cord Diameter in MM and Inside Diameter.
SAE o-rings spec by Cord diameter in fractional / decimal inches and Outside Diameter.

Yea it's real fun !!!

Reactions: Airgunmann
Same experience with my Prophet. Cracked cocking lever. One email and two days later new upgraded part in my mailbox.
As I said in my previous response. Research all facets, including customer support and sevice of any product you are considering before spending your money.
RTI also uses standard sizes for their o-rings, making replacements easy to find.

The O’rings store? ? ? Sure wish I had one of those near me !
There it is:
Screenshot_20230825-093507.png

It says: "If we do not have it, we make it".

They jus made me the O'ring of the bolt of the Air Ranger,
16929781514588151819392428014296.jpg
that has a more solid material.

In this small business that seems worthless, they can make ANY spring you need:

Screenshot_20230825-095116.png

Last edited:
Reactions: jmohme
Issue is .... METRIC o-rings spec by Cord Diameter in MM and Inside Diameter.
SAE o-rings spec by Cord diameter in fractional / decimal inches and Outside Diameter.

Yea it's real fun !!!
And the fact the USA is SAE, very few hardware stores carry metric orings. And if they do, it’s not a huge selection.
There hav been a couple times where oring information would have been handy.

Reactions: Motorhead
I had no idea all the thousands of dollars I have spent on air guns was done under duress. All this time I just thought they wanted me to choose their gun.
Somehow I feel violated.
Well, I do recall when I was looking for another FX there was a knock on my door at 2am...oh wait that was some 3 letter agency....never mind.

Each of my 3 Snowpeak P-35s came with a complete set of O-rings and also tools needed to change them. The owners manual is terrible but they give you O-rings. I had to search the internet but I also found a schematic drawing with the O-ring sizes on it (screws too). I measure rings with calipers too when necessary. Not very hard. The need to develop the skills to deal with the occasional need for a new O-ring is one item PCPs require that PBs do not. Fortunately it is not a big deal. Either we develop the necessary skills or we get frustrated.

Sometimes you just have to get your hands dirty and find out for yourself on some repairs
The Daystate Red Wolf used that I just bought has a pin that makes rotate the old style magazine. Well, that pin was loose and very easy to get it lost.

Today I went to a specialized screw store and bout pins of 2 mm diameter by 6 mm long and of 2.5 mm diameter and 6 mm long.

The original one has 2.37 mm of diameter and 5 mm long.

Notwithstanding the original one is loose and comes out easily, the 2.5 mm diameter do not get in. The 2 mm diameter fits more loose.

With the 6 mm of length the magazine do not sit on place.

What I did was to reduce the length of the 2mm diametermpin on my bench emery to 5mm and lubricate that slimmer pin with silicone grease.

Perfect solution !!

The silicone grease avoids the pin to come out of place becase it gets some sticky, but the smaller diameter allow it to function perfectly.

IMG_2764.jpeg

The Daystate Red Wolf used that I just bought has a pin that makes rotate the old style magazine. Well, that pin was loose and very easy to get it lost.

Today I went to a specialized screw store and bout pins of 2 mm diameter by 6 mm long and of 2.5 mm diameter and 6 mm long.

The original one has 2.37 mm of diameter and 5 mm long.

Notwithstanding the original one is loose and comes out easily, the 2.5 mm diameter do not get in. The 2 mm diameter fits more loose.

With the 6 mm of length the magazine do not sit on place.

What I did was to reduce the length of the 2mm diametermpin on my bench emery to 5mm and lubricate that slimmer pin with silicone grease.

Perfect solution !!

The silicone grease avoids the pin to come out of place becase it gets some sticky, but the smaller diameter allow it to function perfectly.

View attachment 383527
Yeah they have a delete plug type thing for those at aoa if your using new mags like I am

Yeah they have a delete plug type thing for those at aoa if your using new mags like I am
Already ordered two new system magazines to avoid the problem, but I have not receive them yet.

Now the rifle is working and already shortened an lub another pin to have it in a plastic bag on the case of the rifle…, Just in case…..

For the moment the rifle is functional with this improvised solution.

Reactions: Airgunmann
How naive....

Patents, proprietary parts, design rights, built in obsolescence and outright theft keep many manufacturers from sharing this information.

You boycott them and I'll keep fixing, modifying and re-ringing them.

Official repair shops will have the information, getting a copy of that information is a right we have.
Thats naive too. If someone wants to steal/replicate a design they will get the actual product to do so. Ain't no hiding.

I have had many PCPs for many years. I have change O'rings on many of them.

I have never known the size of any O'rings I have changed.

What I have always done is to take the original one I want to replace, bring it with me to the O'rings store and ask for 20 equal to the original one in order to have in stock for the next time.

I have never had a PCP out of work because not having found an O'rings. Never !!!

Once I got broken the spring of the hammer of my Bantam Sniper. I took the broken spring, brought it to the spring maker closer to my house, ask them to make me two of equal to the original one and (for peanuts) I had the new springs the following day. And the replacement is still working perfectly. I have one as spare just in case.

I have had the need of original pieces from the manufacturer (Airgun Technology in Prague, Czech Republic), for my Vulcan 2 .25 Cal and for my Uragan in .22 Cal. A barrel for the Uragan and a complete filling port for the Vulcan 2. I wrote by WhatsApp to them and they have sent me the spare parts.

Not so difficult at all.

I had to send an FX Bobcat to the waste basket because it had frequent leaks and it was very difficult to repair. But that was a problem of design of the rifle, not of availability of O'rings.

I wish i had an o-ring store to go to. I measure the o-ring (if it's still in one piece) and measure where it's supposed to mount. Then I order the o-rings on-line. 95% of the time I get it right, first try.

Reactions: Emu