DELTA WOLF

Now that the new Impact has stolen the thunder (more like a spring dousing) from the DW.

How is the DW working out. Any one shot enough to have breakage? Saw a bit about chronograph wiring connections . What else?

Waiting to see some head on comparisons!

Honestly ( owning gen 1 just a FEW months from initial offering) I've put WELL over a grand in repairs & mods. 

That's put her into DW pocket.. IF dependable, may fall on my radar in the winter months,

The Delta Wolf is a totally new revolutionary gun, the M3 is an evolutionary step from an already proven Mk2 platform. I did have a problem wiith the electrical connector from the breech end of the shroud to the breech block that was easily fixed in approx 5 minutes (the connection just needed to be tightened). 

Other than that, the Delta Wolf has been an excellent platform with none of the "growing pains" that we saw when the Impact was introduced six years ago. It does what it is supposed to do without any troubles, shoots very good groups out to 100 yards with pellets and slugs, and is an air efficient platform. It is also, contrary to all the new M3 videos, the most easily adjustable and flexible gun currently on the market. I would also consider the Delta Wolf to be "dual reg", since it has a mechanical reg at the input to the plenum, and an electronic reg controlling the shot sequence. 

There seem to be a lot more videos of the new M3 than the DW, maybe because there are so many more paid "fanboys" doing videos for FX? Don't get me wrong, I think the new M3 is a very good gun, has evolved nicely as a platform, and can be very accurate and efficient. But lets face it, the Delta Wolf is the "next generation" airgun. Do we still play vinyl records, or use points in our auto ignition? Think about it, this Delta Wolf is only the FIRST STEP in the move to higher technology electronically controlled airguns. It won't be too long before the gun senses which pellet or slug you insert and changes settings to your preference, or having the gun listen for commands - "White Fang, adjust speed for 925 feet per second". People would have laughed ten years ago if you told them they'd be able to afford a car that parallel parks itself, right? 

Anyway, that's more than you asked, but I think you'd be totally happy owning the best airgun currently in production, the Daystate Delta Wolf - no, I wasn't paid to say that or given a free gun, I bought mine...

I was shooting yesterday really just trying verify my dope at various yardages for the upcoming Extreme Field Target Saturday in Phoenix. I decided not to shoot groups, but to shoot ten shots as fast as I could aim at 101 yards, .25 JSB Mk2 Heavy at 875 FPS. Wind was swirling but not heavy. POA was the same for all shots, so you can see the wind effect on horizontal but the vertical is really good, and that's an reflection of the gun control unit maintaining a constant pellet speed... Ten shots in about 20 seconds. The three high and left shots were probably me since I had the scope on about 15x and was pulling the trigger as soon as the crosshairs steadied. 9 ring is 1.2 inches.

033F4292-BE11-483A-AF64-D0CB562C5D6A.1618843482.jpeg

They're both very similar in platform, with both of them being a bullpup design. However, they're very different in principle, with the delta wolf using electronic technologies to a much larger extent. The impact's electronic tech is only present in accessories (chronograph, digital gauges, etc.). (Yes I know the DW has that chronograph style too).

This is all speculatory, but it seems FX is focusing on slug tech, what with the m3 being able to handle extremely high pressures and having it's even bigger plenum. Daystate seem to be focusing on using onboard computing and electronic tech to improve consistency and make tuning ridiculously easy.

Overall, they're both excellent rifles that are at the top of what airguns are capable of (for now). 

Reactions: Centercut
100m bench 2021, M3 or Delta, Delta or M3, OR , will the Prophet steal the show, 😈.

Good question... You know the odds favor the M3, since many more shooters will be shooting that platform than the Delta Wolf (or Red Wolf HP). Its a probability and statistics kinda thing. But yes, that Prophet is definitely a player. Team Centercut shooter Derrick @zx10wall has a dual regulated .22 High Performance Prophet with the pellet barrel that shoots the RD Monsters lights out, and he's been kicking ass and taking names with that gun...

C'cut, I'd still put my Boss (with the ignition points & vinyl record player) up against all those "techie" guns! (Not that I wouldn't love to be able to afford one! ) Glad you have those though Mike. Makes me constantly push my envelope.

I agree Gerry, at 100 yards with pellets the .30 Boss/Bobcat is still the state of the art performance... You prove that every time I shoot with you... ;)

My .25 deltawolf decided to go faulty with a few things after having it for two weeks , the velocity decided to stay at 600fps in all settings and could not be adjusted for love nor money, the magazine had problems fitting into the slot , and for some reason the rifle wouldnt fire sometimes and i had to press onto this ( see pic ) for the rifle to fire.

Hopefully daystate will iron out all these little problems and my rifle will be back singing and dancing , just a damn pain that it happened.
20210401_145941.1618956690.jpg