Delta Wolf - would you buy it again?

One of the rifles I don’t have in my collection is a Delta Wolf. I am starting to see some used ones show up.

There really haven’t been many posts about these rifles considering how long they have been out now.

For those that own one in .22 or .25, I would appreciate the “real” scoop; the good, the bad, and the ugly.

I trying to decide if my next collection piece will be a Skout (when released in .22or .25) or Delta Wolf. Photos of real groups at ranges of 75 to 150 yards in distance will be appreciated.

Any operational or electronic issues? Battery life, etc?

Thanks.

DZ

Speaking from an Alpha Wolf (same guts, different stock) and with the new updated valve/software. I like it a lot. But I'm going to be honest and give you my opinion on the good and bad.
I've only had my .22 Alpha Wolf Safari for around a month, but I shoot A LOT. I've got almost 3000 rounds through it and it is only getting better.
It seems as though it took the Huma regulator a little longer to break in, but functions great. It is definitely different using a screen to "tune" your rifle, but having all that information is great.
Battery life so far is good. Probably get a week of average shooting before you need to charge. All depends on how bright you set the screen, leave the screen on before it times out, etc.
The electronic trigger is absolutely amazing. A mouse fart will shoot my rifle.

Some cons in my opinion. It is NOT (at least in .22) a slug shooter. Hopefully daystate will get with the rest of the world and develop some dedicated slug barrels in the future. I think the .25 guys are getting slugs to work in their guns, but it's a no go for my 22.
I will say that 2 major parts are a gimmick and I don't rely on them. The built in chrono is off by about 10 fps and the "factory mode" which automatically adjusts your rifle when you select the speed you want is maybe okay to see if a particular pellet will work or not at different velocities, but it is not nearly as accurate and consistent with shot strings as using advanced mode tunes that lock in settings. Honestly, I think both of those features are cool for selling rifles but not really going to be used once you really get into the rifle. I know some guys on here say that it works great for them and Huzzah for them! To each their own.
Rifle is also heavy. Not sure of exact weight but this would not be pleasant to tote around running and gunning.
Another negative is cost of barrel/caliber change. By the time you buy a barrel and a couple of magazines you are looking at $1000!!!
Also, Daystate will not tell you anything about parts, sizes, or barrel twist. Not sure why they keep everything a secret. Ridiculous. Yeah there is a diagram, but it will not tell you what size the o-rings are for example. The rifle is also not as 'friendly' to take apart and DIY as say an FX is. Sure, you can do it, but the information out there is scarce to say the least.

Mine loves JSB Monster redesigns. I'm using the advanced mode for them with my reg bumped down a bit and I'm averaging 955 fps with a standard deviation that is less than 2 fps. If I do my part, I'm getting dime size groups at 50 yards. And 5 mags before I refill.

Would I buy this rifle again. Probably. Although admittedly there are much cheaper rifles in my gun safe that shoot as well.
If Daystate would do like FX and be more forthcoming and transparent about components and parts as well as put out information from a "Pro" about tuning, etc. It would change my decision from probably to definitely.
It's like deciding to buy a Corvette or a Porsche. Both will get you where you want to go, but one costs a heck of a lot more.
Up to you to decide what you want to drive.

Speaking from an Alpha Wolf (same guts, different stock) and with the new updated valve/software. I like it a lot. But I'm going to be honest and give you my opinion on the good and bad.
I've only had my .22 Alpha Wolf Safari for around a month, but I shoot A LOT. I've got almost 3000 rounds through it and it is only getting better.
It seems as though it took the Huma regulator a little longer to break in, but functions great. It is definitely different using a screen to "tune" your rifle, but having all that information is great.
Battery life so far is good. Probably get a week of average shooting before you need to charge. All depends on how bright you set the screen, leave the screen on before it times out, etc.
The electronic trigger is absolutely amazing. A mouse fart will shoot my rifle.

Some cons in my opinion. It is NOT (at least in .22) a slug shooter. Hopefully daystate will get with the rest of the world and develop some dedicated slug barrels in the future. I think the .25 guys are getting slugs to work in their guns, but it's a no go for my 22.
I will say that 2 major parts are a gimmick and I don't rely on them. The built in chrono is off by about 10 fps and the "factory mode" which automatically adjusts your rifle when you select the speed you want is maybe okay to see if a particular pellet will work or not at different velocities, but it is not nearly as accurate and consistent with shot strings as using advanced mode tunes that lock in settings. Honestly, I think both of those features are cool for selling rifles but not really going to be used once you really get into the rifle. I know some guys on here say that it works great for them and Huzzah for them! To each their own.
Rifle is also heavy. Not sure of exact weight but this would not be pleasant to tote around running and gunning.
Another negative is cost of barrel/caliber change. By the time you buy a barrel and a couple of magazines you are looking at $1000!!!
Also, Daystate will not tell you anything about parts, sizes, or barrel twist. Not sure why they keep everything a secret. Ridiculous. Yeah there is a diagram, but it will not tell you what size the o-rings are for example. The rifle is also not as 'friendly' to take apart and DIY as say an FX is. Sure, you can do it, but the information out there is scarce to say the least.

Mine loves JSB Monster redesigns. I'm using the advanced mode for them with my reg bumped down a bit and I'm averaging 955 fps with a standard deviation that is less than 2 fps. If I do my part, I'm getting dime size groups at 50 yards. And 5 mags before I refill.

Would I buy this rifle again. Probably. Although admittedly there are much cheaper rifles in my gun safe that shoot as well.
If Daystate would do like FX and be more forthcoming and transparent about components and parts as well as put out information from a "Pro" about tuning, etc. It would change my decision from probably to definitely.
It's like deciding to buy a Corvette or a Porsche. Both will get you where you want to go, but one costs a heck of a lot more.
Up to you to decide what you want to drive.
Yep, I been asking for the information as well on delta wolf tuning. I gave it my non-pro attempt lol.... Daystate talk to your customers.

My AW HP chrono has failed and the breech seal leaks, from new - and can't be fixed by changing the seal.

So, back to Daystsate UK.

That was a month ago ‼️

And no update from DS apart from my gun dealer advising me there will be a £60 charge for unauthorized dismantling. Dismantling ? All I've ever done is remove bottle, shroud and barrel. I've never even disconnected the battery ‼️

Last edited:
I've gone through a lot of rifles but have never owned the DW. Could afford one but always thought they were overpriced and having never seen them catch on, I never seriously thought about picking one up.

Your other option (the Skout) seems to be heading down the exact same path (at least for me anyways).

My AW HP chrono has failed and the breech seal leaks, from new - and can't be fixed by changing the seal.

That was a month ago ‼️

And no update from DS apart from my gun dealer advising me there will be a £60 charge for unauthorized dismantling. Dismantling ? All I've ever done is remove bottle, shroud and barrel. I've never even disconnected the battery ‼️

So, no I'd not buy anything from DS ever again.
I don't know about you, but I see you are from Pembrokeshire, UK, which according to Google Maps is only a 4 hour drive to Daystate. I would be there waiting on someone to show up and explain to me what is going on with my $3500 AW or give me a new one! Bypass your local dealer and go straight to Wonka's factory!

I don't know about you, but I see you are from Pembrokeshire, UK, which according to Google Maps is only a 4 hour drive to Daystate. I would be there waiting on someone to show up and explain to me what is going on with my $3500 AW or give me a new one! Bypass your local dealer and go straight to Wonka's factory!
IMO, the major factor in DS not being as popular in UK as it could be, is poor workshop reputation. Pre-purchase, my local dealer did his very best to dissuade me from buying a DS.

Fortunately for you guys in USA you have AoA.

Last edited:
Reactions: tibor
Some cons in my opinion. It is NOT (at least in .22) a slug shooter. Hopefully daystate will get with the rest of the world and develop some dedicated slug barrels in the future.
Also whats in my hope, spoke with Tony B at IWA and he said they were looking for better barrels for slugs that the LW, so maybee soon to come

Also whats in my hope, spoke with Tony B at IWA and he said they were looking for better barrels for slugs that the LW, so maybee soon to come
Love my Daystate(s), .177 Revere, .177 Huntsman Classic, .177 Redwolf, and .22 Deltawolf which is soon to be a .177 Alphawolf that can become a .30 in 10 minutes.
IMO I think the electronic platforms are wasted on a <12 ftlb market because they shine where changing caliber, power and tuning to perfection on the fly is handy.
At age 66 I agree the Deltawolf is heavy, but it is a solid beast; and it is just as heavy as my RAW.
Electronic anything will always suffer in a high humidity or rainy environment. Weak spots electronically are the safe/fire safety switch and the charging port opening. But I have no intention of immersing my body or anything electronic in the monsoons. These guns by Daystate and their mechanical cousins are the way forward - innovation leads to more innovation so I applaud the initiative and capital Daystate has invested. Once you learn and understand these new technologies it’s hard to leave them behind. If it’s bad weather I’m picking up my mechanical Daystates every time but if I’ve got nice weather, I’m picking up my wizard guns.

Last edited:
I am not interested in the newer electronic Daystate's but the two I own, which I bought pre-owned, are shooters . . . Air Wolf MCT .22 and Huntsman Regal .20 . . . two of my favorite rifles. Both exude quality, traditional styling and reliability. Nothing "cheap" about them and no "shortcuts" taken to reduce cost of manufacture. While a simple and reliable MCT technology electronic gun, the Air Wolf still uses the tried-and-true Harper Patent sling shot valve, just like the Regal. I am totally satisfied with shot count, and consistency. I am not a "tinkerer." I like to just pick up a rifle and go shoot it. If I could assign one adjective to describe Daystate rifles, it would be "quality." Both of these rifles are keepers and I intend to pass them along to my heirs. I have got two grandsons who have shown interest in pellet rifles.

That was a month ago ‼️

So, no I'd not buy anything from DS ever again.
Who did you buy yours from?

Local gunshop. UK not USA.
No blame can be attributed to my local dealer. He strongly advised me not to buy a DS.
Unfortunately, I didn't listen. 😔
Interesting.
Granted these are older guns, but I have two Pulsars and a Renegade.
Been great guns. No leaks, no electronic problems, accurate...

Mike