Delta Wolf reg adjuster

Hi all,
I’m waiting on my DW HP .22 arriving in the UK 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿. Looking at videos on YT I noticed a knurled cap over the reg on some guns . At first I thought it was only on AW’s , but then I started seeing them on DW’s , so presumed they were only on HP’s .
Then I watched a video of a guy with one fitted to his DW , but in the comments he said it was a sub 12 🙈. To compound my OCD , his earlier videos showed the rifle without the slotted adjuster !
TYIA
Stewart .
See his DW to AW conversion

Last edited:
Reactions: Maion
I’ve noticed it… all DW I’ve saw here were serial DW 1090 and up and all of them came with that “adjuster” as they called. I’m looking for a disassembled one to know how it works on the reg valve. One mate got it loose and are fighting to put it together. Seems something broke or lost any part between what locks it in place

Mine is above DW 1700 and has the adjuster . I saw a parts diagram that showed it screwed onto the reg adjuster , but can’t seem to find it now 🙈 I’ve had a look at mine and there’s an Allen bolt down inside it . May be that the wee bolts fallen out ?
Yea the central? Allen was loose.. I’m wondering how it engages the reg, is there’s a pin/ recess/ key there too. I’m currently without DW… waiting to buy a AW probably but helping my local friends to solve issues.

Last edited:
Mine is above DW 1700 and has the adjuster . I saw a parts diagram that showed it screwed onto the reg adjuster , but can’t seem to find it now 🙈 I’ve had a look at mine and there’s an Allen bolt down inside it . May be that the wee bolts fallen out ?
By the way, have you checked your chrono support? If it’s like de old ones or got the newest ones? From plastic do aluminum. Torque holes are bigger too and probably snug fit on shroud

One mate got it loose and are fighting to put it together. Seems something broke or lost any part between what locks it in place
If the adjuster has broken loose, it's probably the two teeth that protrude from the base of the black regulator adjuster knob that slot into the grooves of the regulator piston. That entire adjuster knob is made of aluminum and the teeth I'm referring to are so thin and brittle that they can easily break off when adjusting the regulator, especially at higher pressures. It happened to my BRK Ghost and I had to request that AoA provide a replacement. For such very expensive rifles, the regulator adjuster knobs should be made of steel.

The regulator can still be adjusted without the knob by using a flathead screwdriver, but it would require either removing the air bottle or barrel to access the slot, contradicting a bit of the original design's intent of allowing ease of adjustability from the user.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maion and maddot
Wonder if he tried to lower the reg without purging the pressure ? It’s 2nd nature to turn it clockwise thinking it’s going to up the reg pressure !
Even adjusting the knob counterclockwise to increase pressure can break off the teeth on the knob, especially at higher pressures like 120+ BAR.

Daystate/BRK -- For the prices you command for your products, you need to use high-strength metals, especially for parts that are under pressure. You'd be called out for using inferior materials that aren't proportionate to their performance, and yes of course, their prices, soon enough--because it wouldn't take too long for them to break.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maion and maddot