• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Delta Wolf owners: Lube pellets or not. If yes what lube

I've owned a good many PCP rifles, using both lubed and non-lubed pellets. Some believe it enhances accuracy, and/or helps maintain barrel condition. I've used FP-10, Breakfree, and now WD-40 Silicone. Honestly, I can't report any documented advantages in the lubrication. Common sense suggests that a certain lube, in a specific barrel could certainly help. I've definitely never seen an adverse result from the lube, so I figure, why not? It's quick and easy to do. 

Thanks for the responses. The reason that I asked is that I have had 2X erratic chronograph outputs. As directed, I cleaned the window with 50/50 Simple Green/water. After the first cleaning, I shot 85 pellets until the chronograph gave erratic display. Have not cleaned the window as I have not received an order for .30 caliber bore mops and 6 inch long q tips. Note: I have a .25 caliber DW. I lubed my pellets and wondered if that caused the problem. After this cleaning, I plan to use non lubed pellets and will try to post results. 

Yes, it uses optical sensors that are protected by a thick plastic tube. I clean mine by pulling the shroud and wiping it with large cleaning patches and a rod.

Lube WILL cause misreads plus coat the tube and cause it to stop reading .... so don't lube. If you're getting lead buildup, you might polish the bore some and wax it. There was another thread about that. Mine goes at least a couple hundred rounds between bore and chrono tube cleanings. I mostly clean it before a match or new testing .

Bob

Jaird... my routine is in my post. I just remove the shroud and wipe the plastic tube with clean cloth patches. One of the cleaning rod tips that have the slot work great. Use a large enough patch to give a good wiping action and you can rotate it some to help. Avoid metal contact to the tube that could scratch it. The slotted screw on the end of the chrono unit retains the plastic tube. It will slide out easily if you take that out but there are small orings on each ended for cushion/tension and it really needs nothing more than a wipe to function well.

Bob

Jaird... my routine is in my post. I just remove the shroud and wipe the plastic tube with clean cloth patches. One of the cleaning rod tips that have the slot work great. Use a large enough patch to give a good wiping action and you can rotate it some to help. Avoid metal contact to the tube that could scratch it. The slotted screw on the end of the chrono unit retains the plastic tube. It will slide out easily if you take that out but there are small orings on each ended for cushion/tension and it really needs nothing more than a wipe to function well.

Bob

Thanks Bob. I will try cleaning and no lube.