N/A Delta Wolf, Ghost or M3

Hello, I'm looking to jump in the deep end and pick up my first PCP. I come from a firearm background and didn't realize that PCP technology had advanced to what it is today. My main focus will be benchrest and precision shooting, likely entering some 100 yd matches when I feel confident. I've been doing a fair amount of research and would like some feedback from some of you who are more experienced regarding the pcp rifles I mentioned in the title. It seems everywhere I look there is a large presence of the FX M3's, quality rifle or excellent advertising? The Delta Wolf seems very techy, does it work flawlessly or better to follow the KISS principle? Haven't found too much information on the Ghost or perhaps I'm not looking in the right place. As you can tell by my choices, I lean more towards the AR style of guns versus the traditional rifles. Thank you!

That'll keep you busy for awhile, although I've mostly focused on the lower end of the power spectrum that the Ghost is capable of.

That'll keep you busy for awhile, although I've mostly focused on the lower end of the power spectrum that the Ghost is capable of.
Thank you, sir, good find.

Hello, I'm looking to jump in the deep end and pick up my first PCP. I come from a firearm background and didn't realize that PCP technology had advanced to what it is today. My main focus will be benchrest and precision shooting, likely entering some 100 yd matches when I feel confident. I've been doing a fair amount of research and would like some feedback from some of you who are more experienced regarding the pcp rifles I mentioned in the title. It seems everywhere I look there is a large presence of the FX M3's, quality rifle or excellent advertising? The Delta Wolf seems very techy, does it work flawlessly or better to follow the KISS principle? Haven't found too much information on the Ghost or perhaps I'm not looking in the right place. As you can tell by my choices, I lean more towards the AR style of guns versus the traditional rifles. Thank you!
In all honesty with the KISS principle it might shockingly be the M3. You're not gonna get the same Customer service with the other 2 brands from what I have seen. I never seen anyone announce how great the Daystate customer service is. Not that im saying they're bad but when have you seen Daystate's CS responses on the forums for instance lol. The ghost is supposedly extremly similar to the Wildcat platform so that would swing me right back to FX just because of customer service and warranty policies. I mean usually when I want to buy something no matter what it is I go and see if it's on Amazon cause worst case scenerio I know I can send anything to Amazon with phenomenal response.

Now performance wise I can't really compare the DW to the Impact because i've only gotten my hands on a DW once. It shot well don't get me wrong but tech always makes me weary especially with air guns and tech. The impact seems to be saturating the market like everyone and there mom who has PCP's has an FX Impact so theres def. going to be extra parts laying around haha. Also with performance from my understanding all these guns can perform at 100-150 yards decently well. My M3 I know for sure I can hit a 2 inch shot group at 200 yards.

I was on fence with those & went Ghost.30. its a sub 5 -shot 1" at 100 gun with jsb 44' or 50'. I have'nt even touched the adjustment from how it came from AoA yet. I don't see a reason too yet. Those barrels coming in these Ghosts .30 ghosts are very very good.. Read the above & definately watch the videos at the end. The others surely are fine but if KISS is on the menu then Ghost should be looked at. I went 580 bottle on mine before it got to me from AoA.
If you get it from Derrick youll have the best trigger you can get in a Ghost.
Joe

I shoot 100 yd BR with some of the top shooters in the country. The gun of choice is either the M3 or now the Panthera. There has been more development of accessories and ammunition with these than the occasional Ghost or Skout that shows up. I currently use an M3, but have a M2 and. Crown that I wouldn’t hesitate to use. In reality, any of these rifles including RAWs, BRK s, and Daystates are capable. It’s the guy pulling the trigger that makes it work after lots of practice and chosing the best projectile and power setting. These guys work hard at it and it shows. Look at some of Ted Bier’s videos (Teds Holdovers) on YouTube. He burns up a lot of time and ammo getting his rifles to work. Of course I think he gets some manufacturers support too. Also check out the match reports and see what equipment is being used.

P.S. Now the new Red Panda rifles will be coming out. Everyone will want one since they won the RMAC.

Last edited:
Though many aren’t superstitious, and don’t believe… The Ghost is real… Eclipsed the field, otherwise known as “Ghosted” the competition.

I vote Ghost.
I own both an M3 and an Alpha Wolf (Delta wolf, different stock). I like them both, but, The build quality of my Daystate vs my M3 is better. The fit and finish is just 'better'. That being said, knowing what I know now, and if I were choosing between the three you mentioned, I would forgo the electric aspect of the alpha/delta wolf and get a Ghost. Essentially the the same rifle without the electronic bells and whistles.
Any of the 3 would be a good choice, but my vote leans to the Ghost.

Ghost-i have 2, sturdy low maintenance easy to work on if needed accurate!
Delta- same as the ghost in build except all electronic,if you’re good with electronics? Personally I’ll never go there again after having 2 red wolves
M3- good gun a pain to work on , too many joints with o rings, if you don’t know what your doing difficult tu set up, needs more part to get to shoot well( air marksman top rail barrel sleeve) but when you get it right shoots very good. I have 1 and like it after owning 2 mavericks

Ghost-i have 2, sturdy low maintenance easy to work on if needed accurate!
Delta- same as the ghost in build except all electronic,if you’re good with electronics? Personally I’ll never go there again after having 2 red wolves
M3- good gun a pain to work on , too many joints with o rings, if you don’t know what your doing difficult tu set up, needs more part to get to shoot well( air marksman top rail barrel sleeve) but when you get it right shoots very good. I have 1 and like it after owning 2 mavericks
Love the simplicity of making adjustments electronically, but certainly has it drawbacks if there is an issue.

Reactions: tsktsk07 and Solo1
This is taken from a previous post ref and M3 or ghost

I had an Impact MKII in 30 cal and it shot great. You had to verify the POI each time I took it hunting….lots of Orings that went bad (I bought it used) so I had to rebuild it before I could even shoot it. It took a little work to get it tuned just right, but you always had to check it’s zero. I sold the Impact when I got a 30 cal Delta Wolf.

I then bought a ghost carbine in 22 and after a good barrel cleaning loved the rifle. This rifle shot better than my DW….I traded in my DW and got a ghost 30 cal. Good cleaning of the barrel and a tack driver…put my DW to shame.

Durability wise….It travelled to New Mexico, Oklahoma, then down into Texas in a soft case. When I got to Textreme it took 5 shots to confirm yardage turret and after the 2 days, in hot, humidity, and rain it got me 1st place.

Off to Utah after that for RMAC and again at sight in it was right on.

Back home to Arizona and another first place in a local competition…..Off to shoot P dogs in snowflake and longest confirmed DRT was 185 yards.

‘Durable? Hell yes….I love the platform. Very easy to tune, durable, and both of mine shoot great.

I have only shot pellets so far.

Tony P