• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Delta Wolf gap between shroud and main block?

Hello all,
First post in this forum, or in any forum since the Yellow Forum over a decade ago I think. Just got back into airguns after a long time away.

Anywho, just got me a Delta Wolf in .22 and was testing it in my shop at 25 yards so to eliminate the wind variable. Was getting some pretty good groups with the 25gr JSBs except for a flyer every 5 shots or so. The other four would go into the same hole. Then I noticed the shroud was firmly butted up against the receiver block. I remember reading a while back somewhere that there should be a smidge of a gap between the shroud and the receiver. I can't remember for sure though if that was for the DW or the Impact.

Anyone know?

Also, I've been reading up on how to tune the reg for optimal performance on regulated guns, and most of what I have found says to max the hammer spring, up the reg till you're just over your target FPS and lower the hammer spring tension till you hit the velocity you want. Sounds great, except the DW doesn't have a hammer spring and we're told not to use max voltage on this gun. So what would be the max safe voltage to start at?