Delta Wolf and slugs

Thanks for your response , Macros. I (we) much appreciate your efforts and your sharing of them. It WILL further the refinement . I do agree that the DW can seem to be underdeveloped but it really is small things that need final tweeking. If you take into account the design intent... a true Do-Everything rifle with convenient tuning selection , it's very close. Mine can generate 10 to 100 ft lb with great consistency and reasonable (but not incredible ) efficiency and is very simple to go from tune to tune with absolute repeatability. The breadth of that capability means that something will likely be less than could be achieved by one more specialized .

Not to further derail this thread but I currently have fitted a short 177 and 22, a 23" 177, 22, and 25 and have a 20 in the cue. I have experimented extensively with all with PELLETS but have a pile of slugs in 177, 22, and 25 on hand that may see some action soon. THIS is really the magic of it. I love this rifle but maybe am forgiving of that first shot when operating it in some of the testing and general shooting. I DO use special tunes when competing, though. They are just appropriate reg pressures to the energy needed. I don't hunt much any more but if I did, would use a competition ready tune.

Anyway, that's just my approach and use.

I don't know how many rounds have gone through it and my RW. It's in the 40k area for the DW and at least twice that for Wally, my RW. My Safari is likely in the ballpark of the DW. Wally still is incredible and feels like home every time I shoot it but I really like the ergos and features of the DW more. Great rifles !!

Thanks again

Bob
so you can do a short 177 barrel kit swap and hit 10ftlbs with your delta for field target use?