• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Delta Wolf - 1.5 years later...

I'm on the waiting list for the Alpha Wolf but have the same questions as Maineiac. If I ordered the Delta Wolf instead, other than the stock and sight mount are all the internals now the same? I just hate the thought of tripping over something falling on my face (as I normally do) and scratching the beautiful Alpha Wolf stock. Also the Delta Wolf is in stock so no wait.

Thanks,

Jeremy
I got a new to me .30 caliber Delta Wolf a few weeks ago. And let me tell you, OMG is it accurate!!! It LOVES the JSB 50.15 grain pellets at 880 FPS, and STACKs them at 100 yards. No BS, I was shooting on a steel plate at 100 yards Saturday and it just kept putting each pellet on top of the mark from the previous pellet. It was doing this so consistently that I kinda got bored and moved to 146 yards shooting KYL swingers!

As you may know, I've had a .25 DW for about 1 1/2 years now, and although it was accurate, it never was any better than either my .22 Red Wolf HP or my .30 FX Bobcat Mk2. Truth be told, I beat the crap out of that .25 DW, hunting, benchrest, extreme field target, and mostly speed practice. So much so that I broke both brass bushings for the cocking lever and had them replaced with stainless steel. I shot it at RMAC 2021 Speed and made the finals, but the gun broke at the 2022 RMAC Speed Challenge (first lane) - the cocking arm microswitch failed. Anyway, AoA allowed me to trade my .25 for a used .30 caliber updated version. Thanks Airguns of Arizona!!~!

Well, this .30 DW is better and more accurate than either gun. This is the first gun I've shot since I got my (EBR 2019 (S) winning) .30 Bobcat in 2017 that is measurably more accurate. The shot cycle is much smoother than the old(er) .25 DW or the Red Wolf HP or Bobcat Mk2. I can keep the crosshairs on the aim point during the shot cycle with little to no movement... And the gun makes the 86 FPE I shoot the 50.15 JSB pellets at with only 132 bar reg. pressure. Plus it gets over 50 shots per fill at that power level.

I'm so happy with this updated Delta Wolf, that I'll be shooting it at EBR to walk the walk. I also have a .22 slow twist barrel kit that shoots pellets (RDMs) as well as my .22 Red Wolf HP, so I'll be installing that to shoot the Open Class Speed Silo at EBR also (I have a 24 shot Midwest Elite Airguns magazine for the DW, works perfectly!) I'll swap barrels between events.

Anyway, if you've had reservations about the Delta Wolf or Alpha Wolf, no worries - they are now good to go, and are very highly recommended! Yes, they are expensive. But so is a Ferrari or Aston Martin, and that's what you're getting...

View attachment 278664
Great gun! And shooting !!
I just bought a delta wolf!
What are the new internal updates! And around from what serial number is reflected?

Thanks a lot ! Great posts!

I'm on the waiting list for the Alpha Wolf but have the same questions as Maineiac. If I ordered the Delta Wolf instead, other than the stock and sight mount are all the internals now the same? I just hate the thought of tripping over something falling on my face (as I normally do) and scratching the beautiful Alpha Wolf stock. Also the Delta Wolf is in stock so no wait.

Thanks,

Jeremy
Yes, mechanically the Delta and Alpha are the same. Upgrades are software, improved valve, tool-less reg adjust, longer cocking handle, 20 MOA scope rail, and I think some other minor mechanical improvements. I don’t know what serial numbers but they sell everyone they get so if you’re buying a new one it’ll be the latest version.