Delta Optical Stryker HD 5-50-56 SFP mil/mil with DLS-1 reticle

I recently sold my Atacr 5-25x56 & wanted to replace it with a higher magnification, high end scope. I wanted a SFP scope, although I normally prefer FFP mil/mil scopes because my boys and I shoot at small targets at long range often. I don’t need ranging capabilities of a FFP when air gun hunting because we use a rangefinder. I also much prefer a thin reticle at distances past 100yds. The Delta Stryker, the Nightforce NX8, March and Sightron made my short list. I quickly got rid of the March because it was way to expensive for me, even though that’s what I wanted. I also eliminated the Sightron because I missed the sales and wasn’t willing to pay $1200+ for a Sightron. I ended up buying the Delta Stryker 5-50x56.

Although the glass quality, design/alignment, coatings and construction which affect the scope’s light gathering capabilities, contrast, clarity, sharpness and color rendition are very important to me, so are many other things including, adjustment range, reticle design, tracking, zero stop, durability and warranty which often get overlooked. I am not a scope snob by any means, I have lots of scopes, ranging from cheap to very expensive but I do prefer quality optics if I can afford them at the time. I’ve been lucky in that many of the guys at the club give me the opportunity to try their optics, many times side by side, out to 1000yds and under every condition imaginable. I’ve compared them all...Kahles, S&B, March, Vortex, Tangent Theta, Leopold, IOR, Valdada, Nightforce, Hensoldt, Steiner and even the Tract, Element & Arken that are hyped lately. I do shoot my air gun far more than any other gun I own and at long distances. Because this air gun gets used 3-4 times a week, I want quality glass on it. To me, it’s perfect logic to use a high end scope on the air gun I use most frequently rather than on my Elk or some other hunting rifle that may only get pulled out of the safe a few times a year. 

I got this scope, the Delta Stryker 5-50x56 SFP with the DLS-1 reticle, at the end of January but wanted to use it a couple dozen times, under varying conditions, at different ranges, and at different targets before I really posted what I thought of the scope. It only took a couple of trips before I knew this scope was a winner. Now though, after using it a couple dozen times, I can elaborate a little more accurately. 

Delta Optical is based in Poland and the scopes are made in Japan. Delta has made a name for themselves over the past 3-4 years because they are a super great buy for the money, even at the cost of $1525. It’s that good! The Stryker comes with flip up caps, bikini covers sun shade and a removable throw lever. This scope is a target scope, designed for target shooting, more specifically, F-Class. It is not a tactical scope, even though it has tactical turrets. Because the magnification range is 5-50, I think it can be used for a lot of different purposes though. The scope’s ED glass is amazing, color, contrast, definition, brightness are all super with no distortion or aberration. It stays sharp and focuses clearly to somewhere around 47x before losing perfect clarity/focus. I used an optical calibration/focus target at 50, 75, 100, 135 and 165yds to test. The tracking is flawless, the turrets feel and sound is exceptional too. They are quiet clicks but you can hear them. The scope has a fast focus eye piece and it’s smooth! The turrets are lockable and also have a simple zero stop system. The reticle I got was the DLS-1 MIL(@40x) reticle in the SFP. The turrets are marked with 1/20mil clicks and 100 clicks(5mil) per revolution. The numbers are large and easy to see and there is a revolution indicator. It is illuminated but because just the small center dot is illuminated, I wouldn’t call it daylight usable, even though it’s bright. The reticle is simple and easy to use, I really like it although I would prefer if they had small numbers at 2, 4, 6, 8 mil for quicker acquisition. Parallax goes from 10 yards to infinity. The eye relief is between 9-12cm which is plenty, especially for an air gun. The Stryker weighs in at 35oz. It’s very heavy but I weigh 230lbs and have never considered the difference between 1 pound or less when choosing a scope. Just doesn’t matter one bit to me although I know it will to some of you. lol The scope is 15.75 inches long and has a 34mm tube. The adjustment range is 100moa elevation and 50moa windage. The warranty on this scope is 10 years. I know some of you will say “what, only ten years?” If you’ve quality optics, or any optics for that matter, you’ll know that with rifle scopes, problems usually show them selves early on. I can’t ever remember owning a scope that had problems show themselves after 10 years. If the warranty is something that worries you, you’ll have to consider it. I really don’t know what else to add other than the scope looks super, the glass, turrets and reticle are all phenomenal and the scope works flawlessly. I’ve kept this scope on 40x for the majority of my shooting although I did crank it up to 50x for testing. Very clear all the way to 50x but not perfect, it does lose a bit of clarity at between 47x-50x or so. It was hard to tell. The light gathering capabilities after dark were terrific. Although I’ve only had this scope for 3 weeks and used it a couple dozen times, I have fallen in love with it. I recommended it to a friend here on the forum who bought one and also loves it...Maybe he’ll chime in with his thoughts. I’m probably forgetting something so if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. Before purchasing this scope, I watched and read plenty of reviews. The one thing that I kept hearing, over and over was that this scope gives you the best bang for the buck and has many features, glass quality/construction/coatings as much higher priced scopes. Dark Lord of Optics and Joe (Cyclops) are two of the best scope reviewers on line and helped talk me into this scope. I’m glad they did. I absolutely love it!!!

Sorry this post is so long, I didn’t mean it to be, I tend to ramble! Have a great afternoon.

Stoti

Here are the specs from Delta Optical:

Serie: Stryker HD
Magnification [x]:5 – 50
Objective diameter [mm]:56
Reticle:DLS-1, DLS-2, DLS-3
Illuminated reticle: Yes
Angular field of view [degrees]:4.04 – 0.41
Linear field of view at 1000m [m]:7.1 – 0.7
Exit pupil [mm]:7.2 – 1.1
Eye relief [mm]:89-100
Water resistance:0.3kg/cm2
Weight [g]:1 100
Length [mm]:363
One click:0.05 MIL
Max. elevation / windage adjustment range :100 / 50 MOA
Tube:34 mm (1 piece)
Parallax Adjustment: Side focus (10 m - ∞)
Reticle position: Second focal plane(SFP)
Functional temperature range [°C]:-20 — +71
Nitrogen filling: Yes
Remarks: ZeroLock
Reticle:DLS-1, DLS-2, DLS-3

AA7090EA-93D4-4C15-9CD4-A85AA02C02C0.1613940911.jpeg
69C7074B-C327-4976-B09F-6CB5E2C5F9B3.1613941043.jpeg
C08EABCC-D1AB-4D3F-80E4-A63FA69A23FE.1613941044.jpeg
C7FF775C-38B4-440B-B530-31A9EB63D361.1613942313.jpeg
2447E315-EDC6-4C4C-A5B2-D348FB5B1886.1613942462.jpeg
68B2489B-3773-4571-8138-E3AD4D334657.1613942472.jpeg

32E20637-44B7-4C14-A68A-68AB7B265817.1613941324.jpeg

1229201304.1613942801.jpg

Stoti, 

Glad to hear you're enjoying your new Delta. I've had my Delta Stryker 5-50x56 about 8 months and it has become my favorite benchrest target scope. I really love looking through it. Excellent image quality, reticle, turrets, tracking, etc.. Even at it's (higher than most) price, I feel like it is a bargain and I'm not afraid to REALLY USE the hell out of it, without worrying about damaging a super high priced "piece of art" scope.

The reticle is pretty fine and definitely a great point. I prefer fine reticles and can’t stand thick ones anymore. My favorite is the Vortex Golden Eagle’s reticle followed by this one. My boys and I shoot at some tiny little targets at 100+ yards which was exactly why I wanted a SFP, fine reticle. It’s like anything else, personal preference and also depends what it will be used for.

Thanks for the input.

Stoti

I'm that "friend" that stoti goat roped into getting one these dern Delta Stryker 5-50x56s. Totally destroyed my meager savings account and now I'll be eating oatmeal for the next 3 months. I do like it though. It sits atop a RAW .177 HV and it's as fine as a frog hair. I have the DLS-3 MOA reticle and it is just a touch thinner than what I am used to, but presents no problem, especially with the illuminated floating dot. The RAW is new and I was on the verge of getting a Sightron SIII when stoti started beating me about the head and shoulder to get this blasted Stryker. Sigh ... what's done is done. Did I mention I don't like oatmeal?

Reactions: cavedweller
It's a pretty nice scope however their brand's non transferable 10 year warranty made me wait till the $2700.00 Retail Trijicon 10 mile version with no BS Lifetime Warranty goes cheaper than $1682.99.

https://gunzonedeals.com/product/tri-tenmile-riflescope-5-50x56-extreme-lr

I don't even like the MARCH and Kahles NON Lifetime Warranties either.

Then again PPL who pay the premium price for March and Kahles usually can afford to pay out of pocket repairs if and when necessary.

Yeah, this scope is a little better than “pretty nice”, it’s pretty awesome! I think you and I have different tastes in scopes. I’ve never had a scope go bad after ten years, if anything is going to happen, it usually does pretty early on. Not to say it couldn’t but I’m not worried about it. Who knows if I’ll even have it in ten years? The Trijicon is similar and supposedly a good scope although I’ve never used one. Not what I wanted though. 

Stoti

Whew, that was close! I thought Odoyle was gonna do another Alpha 6 commercial.

That's downright silly because the $229.00 ( with FREE SHIPPING ) Alpha6 4.5-27X50 can only compete with Chinese scopes $1199.99 and under and the Delta Stryker and Trijicon Ten Mile are Japan made and cost over that $1199.99.

Stoti we sure have different tastes in glass I really like my March scopes the best even more so than my all of my Nightforce, Kahles and Zeiss. The $1300-$2000 Japan scopes just gotta know what's worth to spend the money on thats the clearest with good warranty for the same price that's all. 

I wouldn't sell any of my March scopes for a Delta Stryker nor Trijicon. Well maybe its $1682.99 Trijicon Ten Mile twin since it retails for $2700.00 that has a Lifetime Warranty from an actual US based company.

I have yet to find a sub $2000.00 SCOPE that's clearer than the Tract Toric. However it doesn't go down to 10 yards.

There's this gap in between the Sightron SIII - Nightforce SHV price point and the Nightforce NX8 I seek.

Lifetime Warranty is rather important to me when paying such a high dollar amount for any scope but that's just me.

Posted a link to watch the full movie on another thread.

https://youtu.be/smdVf9B6e_k

That 5-50 seems like a nice scope to me! 

It'd make a great FT scope with 10Y minimum focus. Range at 50x, and shoot on 40x where mils are correct. 5 mil turret so you aren't going over a rev and plenty of travel too. I like mil/mil so it's good there. LOVE the big numbers on the turrets!!! 

For a SFP I'd try one. I actually like the simple .2 mil reticle without numbers directly off the vertical! Like you said, we all prefer different things.

It could actually fill a need of mine. Darn, I might have to think hard about this one.

Glad you wrote about it Stoti! 

I do shoot my air gun far more than any other gun I own and at long distances. Because this air gun gets used 3-4 times a week, I want quality glass on it. To me, it’s perfect logic to use a high end scope on the air gun I use most frequently rather than on my Elk or some other hunting rifle that may only get pulled out of the safe a few times a year. 

Great review Stoti! You are so right about the guns that we shoot the most and not skimping on optics if one can afford them. I feel the same way. The Delta Optical brand has been on my mind but I'm looking at the Stryker HD 4.5-30x56 model. I've seen a lot of good reviews on them. My quest for good optics has been growing and recently picked up a Nightforce NX8 2.5-20x50 F1 and Kahles K525i 5-25x56. What I've been doing is trying to match the optics with the airgun in more of a purpose-driven role.

+1 for the great review. 👍

Great review!

Haven't used the 5-50 sfp version but have two of the 4.5-30 ffp ones and they're near flawless. 

No loss of resolution, colour or contrast at any mag.

Despite what Joe said in his Javelin review, the glass on those can't keep up, especially at 20x and above- resolution stays very good but a fair amount of colour and contrast get lost.

Regarding weight, always remember your 5-50 Stryker is 4oz lighter than a 5-25 Element Titan 😂

Greg 

https://gunzonedeals.com/product/tri-tenmile-riflescope-5-50×56-extreme-lr

$1682, great deal. SKU : 3000017 reticle looks better.

Edgunwest Stryker is $1595 now.

Both scopes looks similar.

They are the same scope but this $2700.00 retail Trijicon brother has better side focus and better transferable NO BS LIFETIME WARRANTY from a long standing US based company and has not been reported to have temperature shift as the Delta Stryker.

You only get the added benefit of saving $80 something dollars difference if the scope never needs warranty nor EVER resold since there's no Warranty for the next guy just like some other brands like Falcon and MTC and HAWKE and Mueller and BSA and Discovery and Tac Vector (last 2 brands most don't even have LIFETIME WARRANTY) for example.

I would buy the Trijicon for $80 something bux more just based on the Transferable Lifetime Warranty and higher equity ($2700 on paper). 

MAKE OFFER USE GUNZONE DEALS PRICE AND DELTA STRYKER PRICES TO USE AS REFERENCE-

"SAVE UP TO 20% BY SUBMITTING MAKE OFFER" (SCOPELIST'S WORDS)

$1471.99 IS 20% OFF BTW-

https://www.scopelist.com/Trijicon-Tenmile-5-50x56-Extreme-Long-Range-w-Red-Green-MRAD-Center-Dot-w-Wind-H.aspx

Sorry I'm constantly being told THIS-

Screenshot_2020-12-19-09-13-29.1614400142.png

☝ YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!