Delta and Aplha Wolf barrels

I just talked to Tony at Daystate in Staffordshire. This is what he told me:
The barrel twist rate and design change with the new information they are using to tweek the barrels to shoot more accurately, pellets and or slugs. The barrels made let's say in 2019 are not the barrels installed now. The only way you can know what twist rate you have is to check it yourself. You can buy a Alpha 2 months ago and buy one now and it could have a different barrel, because of the new barrels that were made based on new information.The sub 12 barrels are generally 1 in 17 , those barrels shoot great to about 30ft.lbs. But where the problem comes up, is when you want the same accuracy and performance above that. The FAC barrel could be 1 in 30 choked or not choked depending on when it was bought and who manufactured the barrel. Nothing is in stone. They are continually testing and tweeking the barrels.
That's the information given to me by Toney at Daystate.
I asked him about the .22 ART barrel being designed to shoot the [email protected] the 25.39 @ 975fps.
He said the .22 ART barrel wasn't designed to shoot the 18.13 , it was designed to shoot the 25.39 and not at 975fps. Shooting a fps. that, that barrel shoots the 25.39 accurately.
He said , since customers are wanting to shoot slugs, they are tweeking barrels to be able to shoot them and will be installed on Alpha and Delta models as they roll out.
But as a customer in the states, when you buy one, you have no idea what or which barrel you are getting. You will get the one they ordered in THAT run of manufactured barrels installed on that batch of rifles.

Reactions: rigbymauser
Thanks for the update...

I spent the last year away from the competition events and formal testing so things COULD be different, but as far as I'm aware, there wre only 2 for the HP... a 6 groove, 1 in 17.7 twist and a 5 groove in 1 in 30 twist... both poly's... actually... make that 3... a 5 groove, 1 in 30 , 700 mm is also available.

That said, I know there are plans to offer the new barrels that Robert's partnership are working on now in more options. They will be offering slug capable barrels for certain...

Bob

Reactions: cavedweller
What are the prices on the ART barrels?
These sound similar to the RTI LR barrels
1-32 twist by LW
Incredibly expensive! around 900$ just for the barrel!!

The RTI 1:32 "LR" is a 6 groove polygonal profile.

All the Daystate/BRK "HP" that I've had in hand have been 5 groove polys.

And it might be just these couple particular barrels and not a general trend, but the steel of the RTI "LR" I'm currently working with in my Veteran seems less porous than the steel of the last two Daystate/BRK "HP" poly barrels that have come through. Almost like the RTI LR is stainless or some other type of steel.....

Reactions: manabeknives
Art 5 Grove 1-30 twist .22 lite choke bbl. Love to be hotrodded. Jsb 18.1 @ 1000 fps and fx 25.4 rdn @ 970. The fx are way more consistent then jsb out the tin. Call the wind right and smashed a few eggs @ 130 yds.

IMG_3366.jpg

20240324_144217.jpg