• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Tuning Delta/Alpha Wolf lowering the reg pressure

On all the airguns that I have/had on which reg adjuster can be accessed while rifle is pressurised, reg pressure could be lowered by turning the adjustment screw 1/8 of a turn or less and then shot a couple of shots and do it all again until pressure is lowered to desired level.

Is it the same with Delta/Alpha Wolf or do I have to literally follow the procedure and take the bottle off every time?

Thanks!

Daystate/AOA says to depressurize by removing the barrel and then a couple of dry shots to drain remaining pressure.
That does not work for me. I have to shoot a LOT of dry shots over and over. May took 15+ dry shots to get it to zero.
This can't be the way.
You've ment the cilynder? That would be sub 12 then? Can't imagine it to store that much air in that relatively small plenum for more than a couple of shots to be needed to empty it.

Daystate/AOA says to depressurize by removing the barrel and then a couple of dry shots to drain remaining pressure.
That does not work for me. I have to shoot a LOT of dry shots over and over. May took 15+ dry shots to get it to zero.
This can't be the way.
After removing the bottle I dry fire until the reg pressure is below the intended new lower pressure.

On all the airguns that I have/had on which reg adjuster can be accessed while rifle is pressurised, reg pressure could be lowered by turning the adjustment screw 1/8 of a turn or less and then shot a couple of shots and do it all again until pressure is lowered to desired level.

Is it the same with Delta/Alpha Wolf or do I have to literally follow the procedure and take the bottle off every time?

Thanks!
As a new PCPer I'm curious as to why one would want to lower the Reg pressure on a D or A Wolf.
Can the result be achieved electronically via the software, instead?

I get that, but Daystate engineers set the reg pressure at a point where the rifle's software can make "best" use of it for efficiency, accuracy and consistency (lets say) . . . I was just wondering what result the OP was hoping for in lowering the reg pressure and if those same results could be achieved by tweaking the software inputs on the menu.

This can't be the way.
How this works - after the bottle is removed then the source of air is just what is in the plenum . Dry firing opens the reg to replace the air via the plenum - at some point the plenum doesn't have enough volume/pressure to pressurize the reg and it stays open then it bleeds back threw the plenum.
How to do this without dry firing - remove the bottle and then increase the reg pressure (make sure your increasing and not decreasing)- this opens the reg and dumps the remaining air back threw the plenum - just have to mark your reg adjuster so you know where it was set to. This will work on most guns.

How this works - after the bottle is removed then the source of air is just what is in the plenum . Dry firing opens the reg to replace the air via the plenum - at some point the plenum doesn't have enough volume/pressure to pressurize the reg and it stays open then it bleeds back threw the plenum.
How to do this without dry firing - remove the bottle and then increase the reg pressure (make sure your increasing and not decreasing)- this opens the reg and dumps the remaining air back threw the plenum - just have to mark your reg adjuster so you know where it was set to. This will work on most guns.
Yeah, that's what I've always done on all of my Impacts and Wildcat, but with this Daystate, opening the reg up a little more doesn't dump the plenum either.

Yeah, that's what I've always done on all of my Impacts and Wildcat, but with this Daystate, opening the reg up a little more doesn't dump the plenum either.
Mine does - maybe your not bringing it up high enough - it also helps if your bottle is not charged to the high end - when I am setting reg pressures I never fully charge my bottle.

As mentioned above, back the bottle off some and dry fire till below the point you want to lower to. Adjust the reg down to estimated below where you want to be, screw the bottle back on, and adjust up.

The recommended pressure in Factory mode is based on ALL the projectiles in that table... not any specific one. It's typically well above what you need for the commonly used ones to be able to tune to the heaviest and highest velocities. You can usually find a more consistent setting lower than recommended. Factory knows best may apply for some things but in this case, It's just trying to cover all the typical bases.
Bob

As mentioned above, back the bottle off some and dry fire till below the point you want to lower to. Adjust the reg down to estimated below where you want to be, screw the bottle back on, and adjust up.

The recommended pressure in Factory mode is based on ALL the projectiles in that table... not any specific one. It's typically well above what you need for the commonly used ones to be able to tune to the heaviest and highest velocities. You can usually find a more consistent setting lower than recommended. Factory knows best may apply for some things but in this case, It's just trying to cover all the typical bases.
Bob
Yep - Agree - My reg pressure is way below what the factory setting call for.

After removing the bottle I dry fire until the reg pressure is below the intended new lower pressure.
I just got my gun yesterday and have read the manual. Not much explained there. On the FX Impact M3 I was able to just unscrew the main bottle. Can I just simply unscrew the bottle on the Delta Wolf as well? Is there anything else that needs to be done prior? Anything else to watch out for? Just checking.