• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Delta Alpha Wolf change up

Last year I converted my Deltawolf into an Alphawolf. As airguns go it’s an amazing and highly adaptable airgun that can change from one caliber to the next in 10 minutes with only 3 Allen wrenches.
The onboard computer can be reset to the new caliber and pellet weight and barrel length in just a few more minutes and a re zero of the scope is easy peasy. I’ve been astounded by the accuracy of the 28” barrel and it’s certainly Benchrest worthy. But for field target I’ve always felt my Alphawolf was a bit front heavy with the big air bottle and because these guns are sooo air efficient the shot count is crazy high, and for my needs the big bottle didn’t make sense. So today I switched to a smaller 330 air-bottle. Like the Brocock Ghost the Alphawolf bottle has a valve in it so you can spin one off and spin a new one on in less than a minute.
Tomorrow I’ll run an HFT course with lots of off hand shots to see how or if the changes are helpful in a field target situation and access the new shot count.
Stay tuned and meanwhile let me know how you have your Alphawolfs set up.
IMG_7738.jpeg

Good timing as I continue to tweak my DW for field target.

I ventured into creating a Factory Table for 10.34s w/ 23" barrel. As you may know, that option never existed before. These settings were recommend by @Arzrover and worked well in the User Table - 95 bar / 2700 ms / 68 volts. Sort of guessed at creating the other two rows that the machine learns from.

Reactions: cavedweller

I ventured into creating a Factory Table for 10.34s w/ 23" barrel. As you may know, that option never existed before. These settings were recommend by @Arzrover and worked well in the User Table - 95 bar / 2700 ms / 68 volts. Sort of guessed at creating the other two rows that the machine learns from.
I will be interested in how you find the balance points
When I installed the 28” barrel I had to outsmart the system
Told it I still had a 13” barrel and said I was using a 8.4 gr pellet - I wanted 880 for a 10.3
The computer figured it out in 3 shots!
28” barrel is amazing for Bench but not practical for HFT

The 330 bottle has really helped the offhand balance! I was stuck on the idea that it needed a hamster or palm shelf but if you brace your forward hand under the grip you can lock into your hips / ribs.

330 cc bottle is more than enough to run a course with the Alpha / Delta Wolf.
I discovered that my desire for a hamaster aka palm rest was unnecessary because if you place your forward hand under the palm grip you can also lock your elbow into your side - or belly in my case. I wish i had some 3d printing skills / equip because the Alphawolf could benefit from a clip on / snap on / picatinny type forehand piece that would do what my barricade stop and 1/8" sticky neoprene piece are doing under the gaffers tape. at this point the girl is ready to rumble and except for some ranging issues on my part... the dope seems on with the Sightron SIII. Dicy close in holdovers but super simple from 24 yards to 55.
IMG_7748.jpeg

Reactions: Centercut