• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Delrin strips for HW cocking arm?

Does anyone sell the Delrin strips precut for HW's? I took the 30s apart for the first time since it was new and noticed some galling. I've got about 5000 rounds through it so it's not bad (no where near as bad as the pictures make it look). My 50s has the strips and doesn't do it, no scratches on the spring guide either because the strips push the cocking shoe out just enough to miss it. Or should I not even worry about it and just shoot it? I lubed it up good with some moly and it cocks smooth as butter.

IMG_5421.JPG

IMG_5422.JPG

IMG_5428.JPG

ARH has them, but if you smooth out the tube and the cocking arm, apply some moly you probably don't need the delrin insert.

Reactions: TXRMike
ARH has them, but if you smooth out the tube and the cocking arm, apply some moly you probably don't need the delrin insert.

I thought they stopped selling them, obviously my internet search didn't work very well. Now, what kind of glue will hold that thing in? I did put lots of moly on it again and I've never actually heard the galling.

I thought they stopped selling them, obviously my internet search didn't work very well. Now, what kind of glue will hold that thing in? I did put lots of moly on it again and I've never actually heard the galling.
My understanding is it is just pressed into the cocking arm, never heard of gluing it in. I also think I was told the height may have to be adjusted by sanding to get the desired clearance.

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
My understanding is it is just pressed into the cocking arm, never heard of gluing it in. I also think I was told the height may have to be adjusted by sanding to get the desired clearance.
Yeah, I’m probably gonna make it with a little less clearance than my 50. It doesn’t need much, the cocking shoe just barely drug across the spring guide a couple of times.