• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

Delrin For Moderator Baffles?

Has anyone tried using Delrin for moderator baffles? It's easy to machine..easier than aluminum..

I'm thinking of making an attachment to replace the RTI barrel centering part with the teeny-tiny (semi-useless) holes. The hole size just seems insufficient to allow air to pass into the shroud, plus half the hole OD is blocked by the part's O-ring.

The concept is to replace the RTI part and make something like a muzzle brake that will be contained inside the shroud and shroud end-cap. The part would double as the barrel centering device and allow for unrestricted air flow back into the standard ~1" OD shroud and around the barrel..

I could probably use aluminum, but feel it would be easier to test something made with Delrin..if it's strong enough.

Absolutely ... have for years ! and even BIG baffles subjected to big power.

Here some customs made up for my SKOUT .30 getting subjected too @ 100 fpe energy air blasts

h.jpg

Last edited: