I am intimately familiar with Sabot projectiles. (Sabot = French translation Wooden Shoe)
Pronounced "Say -Bo" thanks to a career I retired from many years ago.
And the technology is all about Velocity. The M829A1 rds for the 120mm main gun travel at 1,575 m/s (5,170 ft/s). Punching thru Armor is all about Kinetic energy.
Keep in mind that the mass of the projectile (Depleted Uranium) makes the round very stable at those velocities going thru a Smooth bore cannon.
The rounds are Spin stabilized with fins on the end of the penetrator. On older rifled M68 Cannons you need a ring around the Sabot petals so you don't overspin the round due to the rifling (29 lands and grooves on a M68 / 105mm Cannon barrel.

Having lightweight lead projectiles moving too fast out of a rifled Air gun barrel will impart the ballistics of a Wiffle ball. Which I suspect is why there not a think in Airguns.

I saw a video where someone was saying they got decent results, but the build up of plastic could cause the sabot rounds to get jammed in the barrel. He said there was a little less accuracy because of the sabot peeling off in flight, but still good results. Was just wondering if many more people used these. I have noticed a lack of posts on the subject here though, so I figured it might not be too popular. I appreciate your response because I was considering getting some to test out.
"Decent results" are are in the eye of the beholder. Would they improve dime size groups at 50, quarter size at 75 or half-dollar (do they still make them) at 100 yards? Most likely not. I tried Crosman Penetrators way back when (sabot round). As long as they didn't have to penetrate anything further than four yards away I guess, I too, had "decent results" :p

P
1,000 yards or more?!!!? Is that sarcasm or humor? You can't be serious if you're talking about airguns. Not yet anyway. Don't think they've come THAT far yet!
People have been shooting subsonic/nearly subsonic black powder rifles at much longer distance than 1,000 yards accurately for 100+ years. 45 cal and larger, very heavy slugs, no scopes. No reason you can't with an extremely powerful big bore air rifle, something that could shoot a 500+ gr 45 cal bullet with good BC close to 1000 fps.

Reactions: Someone else
You don't have to take me seriously or any other way. Just expressing an opinion. Another opinion is that my personal ethics wouldn't allow me to to hunt at 1,000 yards with an airgun because a video shows a guy doing it. I can probably get my gun to drop pellets 500 yards away with the right trajectory & conditions but I would never try for a HUMANE kill at that distance. Diff'ent strokes for diff'ent folks, y'all! (Sly Stone, 1969)

There was a sabot round in .177 and .22 many years ago, but it was terrible. The bullet in the centre has to be in the dead centre of the barrel bore, otherwise it will fly off in some random direction. The barrel twist rate also has to be suitable for spin stabilized projectiles of the calibre of the bullet, not the bullet with sabot attached, something many designers in the past either did not know or forgot about.

Fin stabilized rounds are different. Some spin is needed for accuracy, not for stability, that is what the fins are for. When fired from rifled guns, slipping driving bands are used to reduce initial spin rates. They can be fired from rifled barrels without a slipping driving band, but then there may be more problems with Magnus moments giving stability problems and ruining accuracy.