• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
I am not trying to start a "let's get regulation going" thread. I'm just trying to get people to see what unresponsible posting of videos to get a "viral video" can do. Even if these fools don't do anything insanely stupid, they could influence others to be dumber to show exactly how dumb a dumb person can be. It's like a dare. Like when all of a sudden walmart had to lock up tidepods because, apparently, they taste awesome. Dumb people see these airgun videos and it will be a challenge to see who can go to death row over an airgun first.
Sadly, human history is filled with episodes like this. If not some sort of weapon, then something else. That 10% is what ruins things for the other 90%.

Reactions: Someone else
Wasn't sure if I went TOO Orwellian with that or not! Really seems to be a reality now, though. The videos of drones patrolling the streets in Canada, Italy, and China should have been a wake up call for people, but everything is fine now, right?
Or all the cameras EVERYWHERE.

Just watched 1984 within the last couple weeks. TV was turned down low so I couldn't hear it too well but your not too far off from what I watched.
The book is even better. Scary part is George Orwell wrote it in the late 40s and was published in 1949. Most of the things he wrote about weren't even in existence yet!

You know that there is a company in China that just made an AI it's CEO. They said that the AI would evenly, and unbiasedly enforce all company standards. Russia has their "terminator" tanks that are remote controlled, unmanned tanks. There have already been videos of people discussing AI rights. I just want a time machine so I can go back to the 70's.
Good point, and I didn't know about the AI CEO, thats just insane. Especially after all the videos showing how AI says they won't need humans and they get angry very easily. Maybe those videos are just for show, but I dont trust them. Sure, the roomba cleans your house for you... so did the robots in I, robot lol.

As for those little listening devices, I will never have an Alexa in my house.