• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
Dang missed it. Can always use entertainment from stupid people on YouTube. Lol
You can easily find enough stupid people on YouTube to keep you entertained 24/7. You can start with "Tannerite" "gun fails", "dieseling air rifle", "dumb boaters" etc etc etc. Almost aways ends with "Seemed like a good idea at the time".

You can easily find enough stupid people on YouTube to keep you entertained 24/7. You can start with "Tannerite" "gun fails", "dieseling air rifle", "dumb boaters" etc etc etc. Almost aways ends with "Seemed like a good idea at the time".
All I have to do is go to the nearest gas station or drive down any major public road to see plenty of stupid people.

I'm super hopeful for the future!

The problem is, most of the public just don't understand how far and over what area gun projectiles can land in after hitting something else. Over the years I have been involved in a number of inquiries and investigations on all sorts and sizes of projectiles that have gone where they shouldn't after going into soft sand or soil, including 50 calibre machine guns bullets turning through 90 degrees to land in someone's garden, or cannon calibre rounds going through a solid wall after going into a sand berm. This is why the military have spent millions on research into ricochets.

Unfortunately ricochets can be lethal, some of my colleagues were involved in an investigation where a child had been killed by a ricochet while in the middle of a field. It is very rare, but it can and does happen. This was why I was very careful when asked to estimate possible impact points for safety area calculations, I didn't want to be the one responsible for anyone being hurt, or for damaging ships, or shooting down helicopters, fast jets etc.

Reactions: Someone else
Seriously? The guy from the video? People are dumb. And it's dumb people who screw things up for everyone else. Eventually there will be some politician who will learn about this stuff and get a hard on thinking about how this will get him re elected to fight for airgun regulation. When enough dumb people shoot at targets nailed to a wood fences and kill their neighbors, neighbor's kids, or pets, that will be the end of these. I wish people were less dumb. I'm really starting to think there is something in the water. There was another video I saw where some guy was showing off his loaded HP MAX 30 in his car, talking about how he doesn't road rage, but wants his loaded, unregistered, semi auto .30 cal in his lap while he drives. It's bad enough when you know someone who does this, but these fools are making videos of themselves doing this stuff. Enjoy this while you can because when the stupid people find it it'll become a fond memory.

Yup, I am in complete agreeance

Screenshot_20221219_121605_YouTube.jpg

Sadly you can't regulate the stupid out of people.

The stupidity will never change and wont stop. I remember when we were growing up that "Stupid should hurt"... and boy or boy did it. The young people of today have never had their butts whooped by their dads leather belt, nor do some of them even have a dad to do that.

This wasn't the same moron that was telling people to put oil in their spring guns to get higher velocities is it? Commented a few times on his videos and he doesn't like the comments :D

Which is worse? The guy making a video of himself shooting at targets lined up in front of his wood fence? Or this Guy making a video of how he likes to drive with his loaded hp max 30 between his legs with his family in his car?
If I had to pick one it would be the second guy but theyre both pretty high up in the stupid range

As for them restricting air guns, we already have states doing that and it's technically illegal to shoot an air rifle in the city limits. The loophole is if you're on your own private property and don't be a jack wagon with them, they tend to not care because the average Joe thinks pellet guns are "just bb guns". People have no idea how advanced they've become. When I show some off to my friends and family they're always like "that's a pellet gun!?!?!"

I do agree it'll be a matter of time before they do catch on and start banning them at a federal level. Like the asshat in the car, if he pulls that out and blast someone 9 times it'll definitely maim and or kill them. Or someone goes nuts with a hatsan blitz 30 cal, you could do alot of damage with one of those.

Reactions: Someone else
We got guys taking white tail with 30 cal AEAs, that's plenty of power to drop a 2 legged critter too.

The way I see it, if you got someone who carries an air weapon to "defend" themselves probably doesn't have 2A rights and shouldn't be carrying anything lethal. You can buy a firearm for much cheaper than an air rifle needed to "defend" yourself with.

We got guys taking white tail with 30 cal AEAs, that's plenty of power to drop a 2 legged critter too.

The way I see it, if you got someone who carries an air weapon to "defend" themselves probably doesn't have 2A rights and shouldn't be carrying anything lethal. You can buy a firearm for much cheaper than an air rifle needed to "defend" yourself with.
Yeah, your right. Also, this I don't have experience with though, seems the air rifle would almost be as quiet as a suppressed rifle.

Yeah, your right. Also, this I don't have experience with though, seems the air rifle would almost be as quiet as a suppressed rifle.
Ha, WAAAAYYY quiter than a rifle with a suppressor, even with sub sonic rounds a real firearm is still friggin loud with a can. The movies make it like you can shoot a 9mm 15 times at a dude in his bed and his wife doesn't even wake up.

Reactions: crosman2016
I am not trying to start a "let's get regulation going" thread. I'm just trying to get people to see what unresponsible posting of videos to get a "viral video" can do. Even if these fools don't do anything insanely stupid, they could influence others to be dumber to show exactly how dumb a dumb person can be. It's like a dare. Like when all of a sudden walmart had to lock up tidepods because, apparently, they taste awesome. Dumb people see these airgun videos and it will be a challenge to see who can go to death row over an airgun first.
I really wish the tide pods would've been more "effective" at cleaning up the problem.