That can also happen with a measly .177 shooting at a sand berm 20 M away, clearly heard the pellet when it came back and hit the corrugated steel siding on our "shot shed" in the field.
I do find it a bit amazing that a bullet can do a 180 like that, taking into account you have a back stop that should not really allow for that to happen.

The quick draw pistol guy 2 - 3 feet from his human silhouette target "pulling" only to yell,,, I just F...... shot myself" one of my more hilarious moments on youtube.

PS: i an looking for a piece of bent steel pipe but just 90 degrees, and with a large radius so a slug / pellet fired into it will hit something placed on the other end.
This is in regard to our fire shooting photography, where i want to shoot something ( burning liquid in small metal container ) from below as opposed to the sideways on we have done so far.

Reactions: Someone else
There are two youtubers in Florida I have watched and I see the same. Shooting into trees with pass thoughts, skipping off water across canals. One invites, they both do, but this uses a boat and gun is pointed in general direction the dogs and/or people they are with.
I have seen that too a few times when they shoot Iguanas, also noticed some times people shooting birds or rats, you will see at least a mark on what ever was behind the animal.
The iguanas i assume do need some force to take out, at least the larger ones, rats ASO people really shoot with SUB 12 rifles, maybe even lower than that.

A few months ago i shot a starling on a dare, at the 50 M my 13 grain slug did the famous POP upon hitting the bird, but after that you heard a whistle as the lead spun off in unknown direction.
Fortunately at my friends place thats not much of a problem, on a permission that would worry me a lot.

The old corogated steel roof plates i use to put my papers up on, well aside for a few still very good places on the metal, even on 75 M my 13 gr slugs just go strait thru.

I would assume the professional iguana pesters notify the police when they are shooting in a area, probably also should put up some signs.
At least the guys and girls i have seen shoot iguanas i have never seen the police show up.

But yeah your local "sniper " that guy are hard to deal with.

Recent news here about rats chewing away on stuff underline the problem here, those suckers will undermine roads, cause whole houses to crack and what not.
And still i am not allowed to shoot rats unless i take a course mainly focussed on how to deal with them using poison and traps.
I would love to be of some use for my local society / community, maybe earn a buck to supplement my meager pension, but i am not allowed to do that.

The latter is quite funny as elsewhere welfare services are often left to volunteer work, and thats just fine.

The depth & breadth of man's STUPIDITY never ceases to amaze!!! Add in devices that launch projectiles & that stupidity reaches new heights! That's why the "Darwin Awards" are such a great indicator of where our species has risen to :p Y'all be safe out there!!!

Last edited:
I can't believe I just came across this on youtube. Someone with an AEA HP MAX 50, firing at cans against his wood fence shared with a neighbor in a regular suburban neighborhood. Am I wrong in my belief that this is a horribly bad idea?
Guys great job, video has been removed by the poster!!! This is teamwork at its finest.

Reactions: Someone else