Oh you're in a world of hurt mate!

From a 9.8liter CF bottle at 330bar~4780psi i get less than 50 regulated shots in my .50CF down to 250bar~3625psi.
If you only fire a few shots every outing then you can get away with a YH or the like, but the small stand alone two cylinder compressors will die and dissaper between your fingers faster than icecubes in Arizona summer!
If you find yourself over time shooting big bores frequent then by all means save up for a used diving compressor. Or find another airgun shooter with one.
The Coltri MCH-6 is the same construction from 3200psi to 4750psi, just a different pressure release valve! So easy and cheap upgrade.

Again if you want to shoot your Texan often you have to start casting your own!!!
A dollar a pop is going to get old really fast.
Reedmosser on here has had really good succes with a mould from Tom at accuratemolds.com.
I'm sure he'll chime in with details.

It costs roughly $200 to start up casting but then bullets only run the price of scrap lead.

Reactions: Someone else
Oh and you'll be sad of the LSS "shroud" thing really fast and wanting to get a proper silencer.
Donny FL comes to mind.
Shooting without earmuffs is so very nice with the grown up airguns :)
D FL is toast... Why be sad of the LSS shroud? I have the .457 CF and love the LSS version. I also have a .257 and wish it was the LSS...

Putting the adapter on the .257 with a LCD looks getto. LOL I would rather get the end threaded.

Chick thief is 100 percent right on about air sources. I run around 300 lbs of lead through my 50 Texan. Rebuilt yong heng compressor 4 times. I have know even worn out the cylinder heads. About 8-10 refills on 45mi scba tank.before rebuild. 45mi. Scba tank filled to 4300 psi regulated to 3625 gets 40 shots at most. I have N.O.E molds that shoot well 460 grain sized to 510- best weight for normal use 860 fps. Have accurate mold 650 grain spire point boat tail shoots well 750 fps. Velocity drops down in cold weather.
16709701525948380231706436190062.jpg
16709702142253908081127107962820.jpg

Lee.mold .515-450 grain 2 cavity mold $25.00 lee sizeing kit to.510 $25.00. They may shoot well in your gun. The regular NOE mold was only around $100.00 Lead cheap to acquire at local scrap yards. A regulator is a must for me both my Texan and Airsaber. I bought the regular Cf model and actually threaded my barrel with Donny FL and extra extension. Mine is loud with just the emperor but with the extension .ssssshhhhh . if it wasn't for the help here I would never been able to repair diagnosis the problems that come with pcp. I went yong heng route no funds. I wouldn't recommend . booster pump best option under a grand. Yong hengs work but you better be mechanically inclined. They definitely wear out.

Very cool! I appreciate all the input for sure! Anyone have any tips on cleaning kits? Black powder cleaning kits ok, or are there ones for airguns?

I've seen one video where someone put an emperor on the LSS and it was really quiet. I was thinking of doing the same, but I'm working on getting the basics first LOL. I see people shooting the LSS without ear protection, and it didn't seem loud over the video, so I'm hoping the emperor can wait a little while.
I texted DonnyFL, he still sells adaptors for the LSS because I want to add a suppressor to my TexanSS in the future.

Fibreglass and even more so carbinfiber is extremely abrasice, so be prudent to wear your cleaning rods with some sort of shrink tube!

A decent muffler is way batter than none!
From there you can pick and choose, but protect those ears.
They can p
Very cool! I appreciate all the input for sure! Anyone have any tips on cleaning kits? Black powder cleaning kits ok, or are there ones for airguns?

I've seen one video where someone put an emperor on the LSS and it was really quiet. I was thinking of doing the same, but I'm working on getting the basics first LOL. I see people shooting the LSS without ear protection, and it didn't seem loud over the video, so I'm hoping the emperor can wait a little while.
Get a .50 cal boresnake and be done with it!
It'll do anything you want and once in a fullmoon you'll add a little WD40 or the like for cleaning.

That Montana extreme rod is the same type used by 1000 yard bench rest shooters. Everything on that rod is brass or softer than 4140 chrome moly. If your barrel is good a bore snake will clean and is cheap. My barrel was so rough A bore snake wouldn't remove all the lead. Im not afraid of a brass brush. Texan .510barrel same barrel as .510 muzzleloader. I'm used to accuracy and cleaning barrels is important. At many bench rest powder burner matches they would clean between every yardage. Winners cleaned often and used brushes. Barrels only wore out due to throat erosion. Not brushes or cleaning rods. I didn't clean that often and I didn't win .my observations of older bench rest shooters who won matches consistently.

I have the Lee 500gr mould and without any tuning in 20 degree weather it is shooting a 3-4" group at a 100yds. Like others said it takes tons of air and lots of lead but it is fun. I ended up powder coating the bullets I cast after having some rough Air force Barrels, and was tired of scrubbing out lead to get any sort of groups. Be ready to never stop buying with this hobby, I think it's worse than boats.....

Just a heads up there is some recoil with this gun. It's not violent like a magnum powder burner, but may be bit more than I would put my mother behind!
My mom was a crack shot back in the day. She’d handle it! 😆 (yeah it was fun having a mom that could shoot ten rings with a rifle off-hand.)
I have the Lee 500gr mould and without any tuning in 20 degree weather it is shooting a 3-4" group at a 100yds. Like others said it takes tons of air and lots of lead but it is fun. I ended up powder coating the bullets I cast after having some rough Air force Barrels, and was tired of scrubbing out lead to get any sort of groups. Be ready to never stop buying with this hobby, I think it's worse than boats.....
Please enlighten me, are there issues with air force barrels that should be looked for?
I have a new TexanSS 308 and just came across using Hex Boron Nitride powder in another thread.
I’ve tried it and have some Hunter supply slick coat cast slugs to try also.
Since I’m new to this hobby any break-in advise would be appreciated.

Shoot pure lead slugs. Powder coating helps with fowling,but isn't always needed..Personal preference. Shoot your Texan !!! If accuracy goes to hell....Take of the bottle and look down the barrel towards light and see if there's any fowling. Its a crapshoot with factory barrels yours might be great and and might be rough.. She how it shoots and go from there. Better to be lucky than good😃

Reactions: jmeade1975
My mom was a crack shot back in the day. She’d handle it! 😆 (yeah it was fun having a mom that could shoot ten rings with a rifle off-hand.)

Please enlighten me, are there issues with air force barrels that should be looked for?
I have a new TexanSS 308 and just came across using Hex Boron Nitride powder in another thread.
I’ve tried it and have some Hunter supply slick coat cast slugs to try also.
Since I’m new to this hobby any break-in advise would be appreciated.
I have Texan 357 that would shoot a decent 3 shot group the first time then progressively open up every group after that until I scrubbed the devil out of it and repeat the same routine. I did a JB Bore cleaner light hand lap and it definitely cleaned easier and lasted a little longer before it fouled. May end up fire lapping, but cold weather has ceased my outdoor activities for a bit

I have been farting around in these forums for a little while and finally made the plunge with an Airforce Texan LSS CF .50 Cal. There was a deal on a blemished one coming from the company with the lifetime warranty for $1k, so I got it. Now I have to hurry up and find a pump and an air tank so I can go out and shoot one of these things finally :) Any tips on the rest of what I need to get ready before my Texan gets here would be appreciated! I got to get a compressor, a tank, and an oil water separator but any tips on things I should know but probably don't would be greatly appreciated!
Good deal, those guns are beasts.