• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Delaware County PA Field & Stream Association - Field Target & Silhouette Match Report April 2024

A new 2024 start at the Delaware County PA Field & Stream Association monthly Field Target matches. This April match had had the addition of airgun SILHOUETTE to the Field Target match. Lead reclamation at our normal Field Target limited us to only six lanes of Field Target. (We typically have ten lanes of Field Target.) To 'fill in' for the lost Field Target lanes, we added four lanes of Airgun Silhouette to the match. [36 shots Field Target + 20 shots Silhouette].

Since Silhouette shooting was new to many of us, we had to depend on an expert - Richard Bassett - to clarify the fine points of Silhouette - Thanks Richard!
The Silhouette rules were based on NEFTA Classic (England) rules; Chickens 20 yards, pigs 30 yards, turkeys 36 yards, rams 45 yards - 5 targets each. Thanks Hector for the NEFTA guidance!

It was great to have two new Field Target shooters at our club - Welcome Eric & Ray!

The wind was more noticeable on today's Field Target open field, compared to the typical 'field target forest' in past setups. Impressive scores, despite the wind. The 'Average Troyer' rating for the Field Target portion of the match was 28.1 (without any wind factors.)

Here's the scores - one column for Field Target, a second column for Silhouette, and a total score column...AND...the next match is Sunday May 5th....

1712532627226.png

Reactions: davit66 and BWAGS
Hi,

I am Ray, one of the two newbies yesterday.
I would like to thank everyone for welcoming me yesterday and showing me the ropes.
I had never been to one of these shoots before, let alone participated in one and was a little nervous about it on several levels.

Despite using a budget friendly rig, with almost no prep I feel like I did better than I hoped I would.

The wind was a bugger and the silhouettes were quite a challenge.

I had such a great time and my shooting/ pesting partner can't wait to join us very soon.

Thanks