• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Defective airgun

After many adjustments on the rear sight, the screw came out with the spring. Umarex said, since I purchased the air gun from Amazon it may have been defective as Amazon buys products not knowing they're defective. They also said my pistol has been discontinued and they're happy to replace it with a Rugers Mark IV and it has a red dot. Viewing the responses in this forum, I wanted the opportunity to try the red dot but thought I had to wait. The defective air gun is a blessing in disguise. Meanwhile, the HOSP are accumulating, temporarily! Thank you for all of your advice and support. So grateful to you all ❤️

After many adjustments on the rear sight, the screw came out with the spring. Umarex said, since I purchased the air gun from Amazon it may have been defective as Amazon buys products not knowing they're defective. They also said my pistol has been discontinued and they're happy to replace it with a Rugers Mark IV and it has a red dot. Viewing the responses in this forum, I wanted the opportunity to try the red dot but thought I had to wait. The defective air gun is a blessing in disguise. Meanwhile, the HOSP are accumulating, temporarily! Thank you for all of your advice and support. So grateful to you all ❤️
Glad Umarex was willing to help you out… The sparrows better watch out!

Reactions: LuAnn Drakos
Umarex said, since I purchased the air gun from Amazon it may have been defective as Amazon buys products not knowing they're defective.
Not that I trust much of anything Amazon does, but... huh? Is Umarex saying Amazon buys from sketchy distributors? Just curious.

Glad Umarex is willing to make it better.

Not that I trust much of anything Amazon does, but... huh? Is Umarex saying Amazon buys from sketchy distributors? Just curious.

Glad Umarex is willing to make it better.
Agreed, kudos to Umarex, Amazon sells defective, discontinued Umarex product, customer gets free, upgraded replacements from Umarex when defective product fails. Amazon takes the money, Umarex takes the hit. :unsure: WM

Last edited:
Reactions: LuAnn Drakos