DEER Hunting Tomorrow with the Benjamin Bulldog .357

Super excited I haven't been deer hunting in over 10 years.
Got the Dog yesterday, sighted it in today, hunting tomorrow!

I have learned miles more than I knew deer hunting when I was 18,
I have found scrapes and rubs which was awesome.
If put up a ground blind and hung a drip bag.

I have been watching non stop deer hunt thing videos for 2 weeks straight.

I know its not likely I'll bag one on opening day but it is all about the adventure now.

Yeah, small game only in OH. Working on Congressional regional committee man & OH division of wildlife to change laws. Oh told me to show up at open house in March with all my info to any Ohio office. They'll all have open house then. Got get printouts together. And a chrony to get more info to prove to them that air guns are powerful enough, but I also wrote them that that velocity drops off a lot faster than PB's. I hope I'm successful then!...

I will take video for you,but it pains me to say that 3 hours into the hunt the bulldog had leaked half its air out and at 1.7k psi I had to pack it in. I am quite upset with Crosman right now but this won't hold me back.

I have researched the fix and it is a cheep and hopefully quick and easy one. I have all the parts to fix it costed less than $5.00 all avelable at home depot.
10-32 x 1/4" socket cap bolt = free the lady at ACE gave me it
bonded sealing washer #8 = 0.72 
Purple locktite =$3.44

Hopefully this will get me back in the woods Monday, Tuesday at the latest..

I was in my ground blind in the calling crosman to see where the usable shot psi stopped but there till Monday. I had already called Crosman about a pressure gauge that only went up to 2.5k psi but crosman eased my mind by telling me that even though the gauge only reads 2.5k the gun is filled to 3k psi which I can understand and that after deer season I can send it in for repair.

It is a set back but it won't hold me back!

"unionrdr"Yeah, small game only in OH. Working on Congressional regional committee man & OH division of wildlife to change laws. Oh told me to show up at open house in March with all my info to any Ohio office. They'll all have open house then. Got get printouts together. And a chrony to get more info to prove to them that air guns are powerful enough, but I also wrote them that that velocity drops off a lot faster than PB's. I hope I'm successful then!...
You should bring some big bore rounds with you and some .177 for compairason so the people can see the diffrance and the potential for big game hunting because in the minds of non airgunners every airgun is a .177

It might also serve you well to bring some bullets like a .30-30 to show that big bore air rifle bullets are just as big as rifle bullets.

Just my thought.

"Tazhunter0"Wish they would make it legal to use air rifles for game animals in Texas. .....

Found this on the web; Seems to agree with your distinction regarding "game animals"

(ALL below is copied from web site, and should be checked for accuracy)

Hunting with Airguns in Texas:

Following Laws and Regulations
Game versus Non-game Animals and BirdsHowever, if an animal is a non-game animal (non-protected) it can be hunted with any firearm that is legal, pellet gun, or air gun. Examples of non-game animals in Texas include but are not limited to armadillos, bobcats, coyotes, frogs, mountain lions, porcupines, turtles, rabbits, and prairie dogs. These animals have no closed hunting season and do require a hunting license. They can be taken at any time by lawful means on private property. It is also recommended to use precaution when taking wild animals, particularly armadillos, as they may carry diseases such as leprosy.Black bears are considered protected non-game animals and are not legal to hunt at any time.Non -game (non-protected) birds may include, but are not limited to, starlings, house sparrow, pigeons, and crows (if substantiated as a nuisance).These may be hunted at any time.Protected, and therefore illegal to hunt, birds include hawks, eagles, owls, and songbirds. It is unlawful to take any non-game animal or bird for commercial purposes from public land or water (https://tpwd.texas.gov/education/hunter-education/online-course/wildlife-conservation/non-game-animals).Essentially, one can safely assume that if the animal or bird in question is non-game (non-protected) or squirrel, they can hunt it in Texas so long as they have obtained the proper permit and are using a legal firearm, pellet gun, or air gun.

Ziabeam
"Tazhunter0"Wish they would make it legal to use air rifles for game animals in Texas. .....

Found this on the web; Seems to agree with your distinction regarding "game animals"

(ALL below is copied from web site, and should be checked for accuracy)

Hunting with Airguns in Texas:

Following Laws and Regulations
Game versus Non-game Animals and BirdsHowever, if an animal is a non-game animal (non-protected) it can be hunted with any firearm that is legal, pellet gun, or air gun. Examples of non-game animals in Texas include but are not limited to armadillos, bobcats, coyotes, frogs, mountain lions, porcupines, turtles, rabbits, and prairie dogs. These animals have no closed hunting season and do require a hunting license. They can be taken at any time by lawful means on private property. It is also recommended to use precaution when taking wild animals, particularly armadillos, as they may carry diseases such as leprosy.Black bears are considered protected non-game animals and are not legal to hunt at any time.Non -game (non-protected) birds may include, but are not limited to, starlings, house sparrow, pigeons, and crows (if substantiated as a nuisance).These may be hunted at any time.Protected, and therefore illegal to hunt, birds include hawks, eagles, owls, and songbirds. It is unlawful to take any non-game animal or bird for commercial purposes from public land or water (https://tpwd.texas.gov/education/hunter-education/online-course/wildlife-conservation/non-game-animals).Essentially, one can safely assume that if the animal or bird in question is non-game (non-protected) or squirrel, they can hunt it in Texas so long as they have obtained the proper permit and are using a legal firearm, pellet gun, or air gun.

I don't want this to hijack this thread but I do want to set some clarifications and highlight some statements
First and foremost you'll notice it said in private lands.
Texas does have type 2 hunting lands some might know it as public lands these areas have there own restrictions on the type of legal devices for taking game. There is a booklet with all of the type two lands available in Texas with the restrictions for each section on the Texas game and wildlife website.
2nd is county restrictions in some cases a county will have its own restrictions on what can legally be used to take game and none game animals. For example in some counties a crossbow can only be used by persons with some type of disability that does not allow them to use a normal bow, whereas the majority of Texas crossbows can be used by anyone.
Texas fishngame don't play and fines / penalties can be extreme
Your BEST bet is to find a local office and ask to speak to a game officer. Just make sure you clarifi what county you will be hunting in and they will be more than glad to help.

I just got done with a hunt for deer with the bulldog make sure you take your time with the shot placement as this one does not have enough power to put a good kill shot on them if you make a bad shot as I have found out the hard way lost a couple of deer including a huge doe cuz the gun didn't have enough power to blow through their shoulder I finally got a small doe shot at about fifteen yards a quarter to me shot and the nosler stopped just under the skin on the opposite side

I thank I would try a neck shot. A small 222 will stop a big buck or doe in their tracks with a neck shot, I've done it more than once. I've had both to run over a 100 yards with a heart/ling shot from a 06 or 7 mag. They left a blood trail a blind man could follow. Never have liked the heart/lung shot except on real long shots, anything over 200 yards. Even with my 338 win mag through the shoulder they don't drop in their tracks but a neck shot just in front of the shoulder they drop on the spot. I've hunted white tail and mule deer for 50 plus years with anything from a 222 thru 338 win mag. and I'll take a neck shot over a chest shot any day, got too old to track them very far anymore. Just know your gun and what it can do at any given distance. Before we got into air guns a few year ago we reloaded, tested different powder and bullets at different distance, from 25 yards to 500 plus yards. We burnt a lot of powder just to find out what a bullet would do at different distances.

That is great advise but I have more confidence in properly locating ahe heart and lung kill zone, I have not visually refranced where a neck/spine shot should be placed and all the hunting videos if seen with the bulldog aim for the heart and rubble lung.. 
I'm not saying your method is bad it is most likely a better shot, no real meat damage and the deer drips dead with out running this is a great shot but if you put a deer in front of me I could not with confidence tell you where the spine is although I could make a educated guess and probably hit it I feel more confidand in my abilities in the heart lung.

Also I'm headed back into the woods in 4ish hours. 
Hope I don't freeze to death and a deer would be nice too!

A 140fpe .357 shooting a 81 grain pellet has enough power to shoot thru a deer from right rear lung thru left front shoulder quartering away at 60 yards and kill the animal in under 20 seconds. The Bulldog has more power than that. If you're having a problem punching thru the shoulder, try the 81 grain JSBs. They do not deform and may penetrate deeper than an expanding slug. A .357-sized hole is plenty big to kill a deer fast without additional expansion in the wound channel.